Chapter 47 (part 2)

A\N
Please read the first part before reading this part.
Thank you.
Enjoy<3

xoxoxoxo

Frank walked into the small house equipment store, which was open 24\7. Pretty convenient, he thought.

He walked in there, with his hood pulled up to cover his head. He didn't know why he was trying to be so careful. It's not like anybody was going to find out, right? It was just Gerard and him. And perhaps Jonathan. But Jonathan wouldn't say a thing. He was the one originally planning this, right? Frank was just there to help him, to get it done. He wanted to be the one to commit it.

He casually went to the cash register after picking up what he was looking for. The young man working there took the money without questioning the other's appearance, and Frank grabbed the eight-inches kitchen knife from the counter before walking out calmly.

As he stepped out of the store, he slowly ran his fingers along the flat side of the metal knife, adoring the way people used it as such an everyday item, when it could not-so-secretly become the cause of a horrible painful death.

It was working on his favor at the moment, so he really couldn't care less about this kind of questions.

He tucked the knife in his back pocket, making sure the blade was facing upwards, before beginning to walk in the direction of the alley, knowing he had all the time in the world to mentally prepare, and more importantly, remind himself exactly why he was heading out to commit his first and last murder.

xoxoxoxo

Jonathan and Gerard were walking aimlessly through the slightly cold streets. Gerard tried to ignore the way the other's muscles would twitch from time to time and he would make a sound akin to a silent whimper.

Instead, he focused on the sweet nothing Jonathan was saying constantly, while kissing the older's hand as they marched.

"So where are we going in this trip?" He risked the question, eyes gazing at Jonathan, as the young man made another one of those noises, this time louder, before his eyes fluttered rapidly and he shot a weak smile at Gerard.

"Somewhere special," he replied quietly, eyes locked with the other's. "Somewhere so special, Gee."

Gerard grinned and leaned to nuzzle his face in Jonathan's neck, planting a small kiss there, and Jonathan held himself back from pulling the older into a crushing hug and sob into his shoulder and tell him it'll all be okay. Because then Gerard will know. He couldn't know. He would find out soon enough. Until then, Jonathan will keep him unaware, safe and sound and happy, with the red diamond ring around his finger which the younger couldn't help but stare at adoringly whenever their hands brushed together.

They were close. They were so close. He didn't want to admit it, to comprehend the fact that the devil was waiting for them right beyond the corner. Jonathan had committed his sins, he had to pay for them. Nothing was given for free. A future with Gerard is a future that needed to be fought for.

Who else was willing to fight that war? Frank probably thought he could. Huh. Funny how quickly people could change their mind. He didn't deserve to have Gerard in the end. Jonathan knew that. No one else was worthy. Everyone was weak. Jonathan might've been weak, too. Not that he would admit it, of course. He had to tell himself that he was strong enough to fight for Gerard, and he was. He was so determined, and faithful, he believed that, with the right method, you could win Gerard over. And he knew every step of this method.

He kept a photo in his mind, a photo from a random night when Gerard had convinced him to go out to dance. Not just in some poor club with loud music and gallons of alcohol all around. A real place. A place with real music and real dancing. Gerard loved to dance, whether he kept it a secret or revealed it to someone special. They had almost tripped over each other several times, being the inexperienced young fuckers they once were. As much as Gerard loved doing those things, his clumsy legs and Jonathan's utter confusion about the whole situation, caused the two of them to nearly find themselves sprawled out on the floor in front of dozens of old rich couples, who were already staring questioningly at the two young men stepping in, in a pair of fancy suits, seemingly attempting to move together in sync along with following the rhythm of the music. It was probably their worst date, if you could call it a date. But it meant so much more, because he got to spend that perfect night with the man he loved the most, watched and felt as they both flailed in desperation not to come out as total idiots. Even though the younger had ended up swinging Gerard around unsuccessfully, which caused the older's hand to accidentally slap a glass of wine all over a lady's fancy dress, which led to them both getting kicked out of the place, followed by shouts of "fags" and "morons" and "reckless teens" (apparently those crumpled grumpy people thought they were sixteen).