Chapter 32

"Frankie, stop! Hold still!" Gerard exclaimed.

"No chance!" The young man replied.

The two were wrestling in the sheets, sweaty and panting, rolling around naked after two rounds of heated sex and a handjob. Gerard was currently trying to pin Frank down so he could kiss his face, to which the younger man protested.

Not that the older was anywhere near giving up, using the sheets around Frank's waist to swiftly pull him closer, grinning smugly at the gasp that left the other, and before he could move, Gerard was rolling on top of him and holding his wrists above his head.

"Now, will you stay still and let me kiss your face or are you going to continue on being an annoying little fucker?" The vampire asked, trying to hide the smirk in his voice.

"I think I'm gonna go with the latter," Frank said along with sticking his tongue out at the older man.

"Hm... I don't think so," Gerard said and leaned down, peppering kisses on every inch of Frank's face, from his forehead to his nose and his cheeks and jaw.

"You are so lucky it's your birthday," the boy scrunched his face up as Gerard licked his nose teasingly.

"Oh, I was counting on it, baby," he whispered, still pinning Frank down, and moved his lips to Frank's, kissing him slowly.

The young man melted into the action, and moaned softly when Gerard parted his lips and allowed his tongue to slide into the other's mouth.

"Shouldn't Bob be back soon?" Frank suddenly asked while he was sucking on Gerard's lower lip.

"I don't know," the older shrugged and continued to kiss Frank, "But it's getting late and he went out a while ago... I could call him."

"You probably should," Frank said, as the other turned to leave hickeys from his jaw downwards. "What if something happened to him?"

Gerard pulled away for a second, frowning into his boyfriend's neck and thinking about it momentarily.

"You're right," he said and rolled off of Frank, tugging the sheets over his waist and reaching for the nightstand to grab his phone.

He saw no missed calls or messages from Bob, and calmly dialed his friend's number while pressing the phone to his ear.

It rang.

The older man listened to the steady beeping, chewing on his thumbnail kind of nervously and waiting for the bearded man to pick up.

After about a minute of ringing, the call went to voicemail, and Gerard hung up with a sigh.

He looked back at his boyfriend, who was laying with his back to the headboard and watched him curiously.

Gerard shook his head slowly in a silent reply, lowering his gaze as he crawled to sit next to Frank, still clutching the phone in his hands and staring down at it.

"Well... maybe he just got delayed because of something," The younger offered, trying to relieve Gerard.

"That's exactly what I'm worried about," the older replied, his brows pulling together even further, as he didn't take his eyes off of the screen.

Frank sighed, reaching a hand to stroke Gerard's hair out of his face. The elder closed his eyes and leaned a bit into the touch.

"Bob never takes this long when he goes out," Gerard said as he leaned back into the headboard, "He knows where the grocery store is, and even by foot he should've been here already."

"Well, I'm sure it's nothing," Frank said, his hand still in the older man's hair.

"I hope you're right babe," Gerard whispered, his gaze falling again. "But something just feels very, very wrong, now that you've mentioned it."