Chapter 16

He was standing in front of his mirror, again, his piercing eyes were fixed on the line that stretched over his heart, marking him as wounded for life.

That was what he did almost every day since that night. He always looked back, staring at the scar, reminding himself just why he did all the things he did.

Why he'd hurt so many people, caused damage, cheated. He did all those things just to get back on that motherfucker. That little worthless asshole that needed to pay.

And he had the perfect plan how to make it happen. Everything worked exactly as he expected it to work so far.

He had a very straight course in his mind, aiming for the final moment when all the hard work he spent years doing will pay off at last.

Because Gerard needed to suffer. He deserved to suffer. After all that had happened that night on. The son of a bitch needed to know what it feels like.

And the pain he had caused the older man so far just didn't feel like enough. He needed more, wanted more, wanted to make the elder see that he couldn't fuck around with the younger brother and get away with it, he couldn't push away the memory of that night with all the useless sex he had with everything that moved.

Yes, the young man knew all about it. He knew about all the one-night-stands, the parties, the random people that slut made out with for hours and then dumped.

He was shit wherever he went, the younger knew. Fucked people and threw them away just to get his damn satisfaction for the night before moving on to the next person...

...Until Frank came around, of course. Oh yes, he was the perfect tool for the younger man's plan. Gerard seemed to be falling for the boy with every passing day, getting further and further in their relationship, protecting him.

The young brother just knew his plan was going to work.

If Gerard continued on like this for long enough, the brother would have the chance to get on with what he had in mind and then... boom! Strike that bastard in his weakest spot.

It was going to be delicious.

xoxoxoxo

Gerard heard the scream.

By now it was too familiar to stay unrecognized in his ears.

This time he knew who it was. The same night, same hour, same nightmare. It never ended.

Blood.

There was always, always, blood. It never stopped.

The wire. The same barbed wire that marked the soft pale skin, ruined it, made his brother scream.

And above all: the scar.

It HAD... to leave... a scar...

That damned scar that destroyed a whole family, a happy family, a completed one.

The same words were still ringing through his ears.

"You fucking idiot! What have you done?!"

He winced. That voice sounded so broken, angry, disappointed, scared, shivery.

And then there was the other voice.

"G-Gerard?"

No. Not again. Please don't.

She could still be alive. It was a fact. It was a fact he knew, Michael knew, everyone knew.