Good and Evil

Beth closed her eyes tightly and pressed her shaking hands on the sides of her head. Ally fell to her knees, with her hand pressed against her mouth. Megan fanned herself with her hand, her face turning into a slight green color. My vision went blurry for a few seconds as dizziness rushed through me, but that was all. I guess I'm getting used to teleporting.

We were in a quiet street of the village. I looked around, aware that the last time I was here, I had been running for my life away from Logan. There weren't any paved streets, just dirt roads. To our sides, there were small, humble homes decorated with colorful flower beds. Just beyond us was the hustle and bustle of The Market. It was made up of little stands bunched together. Once Beth, Ally, and Megan's side effects had slowly faded away, they looked around, amazed to be back in the village within a few seconds.

Logan led us to a picnic table under a tree near by. "We don't have much time, but where do I begin?" He asked.

"Where it all started," I answered.

He took a deep breath. "Many, many, years ago, I created SkyFall, but back then, it was a nameless land. Everything was great and even my brother liked it here. But there was something about him that was never fully satisfied; he always wanted more. He was a distant type of person, who kept things to himself, and so was I. So we never really conversed or had a deep, brotherly bond. In an act of kindness, I gave him an island. He built his home there, rejecting any help that I offered him to build it.

"There was an ancient prophecy about two brothers. One who brought good and one who brought evil. I never knew which one I was; honestly, I thought I was the bad one. There was a point were I stopped believing in that prophecy, since it became obvious that neither of us were evil. But one day..." He paused as if having a flashback. A minute later he continued.

"One day, the sky darkened. I thought it was strange, but nothing more. Slowly, the sky cracked, until the pieces fell from above. It killed many citizens." His fist tightened. "I didn't understand. I thought it was my fault. I thought that I had done something wrong when creating the land. I went to Malin's island, to see if he was alright, only to discover that he had created the sky fall. He wanted to take over, and only then did I realize who the evil brother was.

"We fought. One strong power against the other. It was a blur. I mostly remember bloodshed, fires, and the terrified screams of the villagers. To them, we were two monsters, fighting each other and destroying the land in the process. Finally, I proved to be stronger. As soon as I got the chance, I confined him to his island, using a spell to make sure he could never escape. I rebuilt the village and finally gained back the trust of the villagers. Years later, I created The Castle and The Meadow, only accessible to me. But there was one thing I couldn't fix. Every once in a while, the sky would fall, as if shedding its old skin and replacing it with a new one. The villagers then named the land SkyFall.

"Centuries past, and Malin was never able to escape the bounds of the island. With time, it became dark and desolate, just like his soul. Ten years ago, humans made an opening in my dimension, but claimed to not want any harm. They had awareness my world, but could never actually enter it, until now. It seems as though a human and a villager helped Malin, and he will escape. I now realize that I should have killed him. But I was too weak. He was my brother, and I just couldn't do it."

We were silent as we processed what he had just told us. Then Megan spoke, "So, why don't we stop him before he escapes?"

"The island is his land. We can't do anything to him while he's there, only until he leaves. Now, we shou- Dawn? You're wounded?" He asked, looking at my bandaged arm.

"Ah... About that... Your brother, he -uh- he payed me a visit... And left me this as a souvenir..." I said awkwardly, trying to keep things light.