Chapter 9: Her handsome hero

Jen's POV

I read my lines one last time and pulled myself together to get into character. My headache was still bothering me but I chose to ignore it and get this over with. This was my last scene for tonight, nothing too demanding. Bernard (A/N: the guy who plays Liam Jones) was already standing by the well where he was supposed to be. The director yelled "action" and I started walking towards him as my script was telling me to.

"I wanted to show you this." I said when I got close to him, showing him the ring attached to the necklace I was wearing as part of my Emma Swan costume.

"It's the ring I gave Killian. I noticed he wasn't wearing it." he said back, turning around to face me.

"Because he gave it to me. You know what he told me when he did? That it belonged to a much more better man than him. You're his hero. He doesn't..."

"Uh, Jennifer? Much more better?" Bernard interrupted me, pointing out my obvious mistake and we both started laughing.

Colin was sitting just a few feet away from us and didn't seem to find any of this funny. I caught a brief glimpse of his serious and slightly pissed off face and quickly turned back to Bernard.

"OMG I'm so sorry, let's do this again." I said and got into character once again.

"Ok guys, take two!" said the director and I started saying my lines for the second time.

"Because he gave it to me. You know what he told me when he did? That it belonged to a much better man than him. You're his hero. He doesn't think you can do any wrong. Which is why I can't figure out why you would lie to..."

Before I could finish my line, I felt it kicking in. My vision became blurry and my head started pounding. You would think I would have gotten used to the migraines by now, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

The last thing I remember is hearing Colin calling my name and getting quickly off of his chair.

Then everything went black.

Colin's POV

I was sitting on my chair, waiting on Bernard and Jen to finish their scene when I noticed something was wrong. The next moment Jen collapsed on the ground.

My heart started beating really fast inside my chest. Without even thinking twice, I got up and rushed to her.

"Jen, wake up." I said as I kneeled down next to her and slightly lifted her head from the ground with both my hands.

"Jennifer, please! You need to wake up, baby!" I continued, shaking her limp body gently.

The rest of the cast and crew had gathered around us and could hear my every word, but that was the least of my concerns. I told them to move away and scooped her up. I then carried her inside the house we had been filming at and entered the nearest room. Thankfully, it had a bed. I placed her carefully on the bed and got out of the room.

I figured I was the last person she wanted to see when she woke up, so I decided it would be better if I waited outside. I wasn't leaving till I made sure she was ok though.

Jen's POV

After what I thought was a second later, I woke up lying on a bed. I couldn't tell where I was for sure, but it certainly wasn't a hospital bed. That was good news.

I tried to stand up when I heard the door open and then Ginny walked inside. Before closing the door she informed someone outside that I was awake.

"Oh thank god you are ok. You scared us." She said and sat on one side of the bed.

"Where am I? What is this place?" I asked.

My headache hadn't improved much, but at least my vision was somewhat clearer.

"We are inside the house. The one that is supposed to be the apprentice's house." she said smiling and offered me the glass of water she had brought for me.

I took it and took a sip. That made sense. I probably had passed out a minute or so ago so they didn't have the time to carry me anywhere else. I had never been in that particular room before, but it was a big house and we only got to film in the ball room and the library.

"How long have I been in here?" I asked.

I could only imagine how worried everyone would have been. I've had migraines on set before, but I had never passed out.

"Not long. I think it's been five minutes altogether since you fainted." she answered.

"Thank you guys for taking care of me." I said with gratitude.

"Oh, don't thank me. Colin is the one who carried you all the way here." she said squeezing my right hand.

At the sound of his name I got a strange feeling in my stomach. I had forgotten he was there as well. No one knew about what had happened between us, yet everyone knew there was something. I bet he was the one Ginny had talked to before entering the room.

I asked Ginny to help me stand up and I walked outside. Josh, who was waiting on Ginny and me just outside the room, helped me get to the van that had driven us here and then he drove me home. Both him and Ginny insisted on me staying at their place so they could keep an eye on me during the night, but I reassured them that I was gonna be ok on my own and politely declined.

I thanked them for the ride and walked inside.

I took a well-needed shower and laid on my bed. Ava was already asleep on her favorite spot across the room, so the house was completely silent and it didn't take long before I fell asleep as well.