Chapter 25: Certain things must be done in certain ways

Jen's POV:

When I got my car and my stuff, we drove to my house instead of his. Upon getting inside, he immediately sat on his favorite spot; my couch. I went upstairs to quickly change into some leggings and a tank top and I joined him on the couch in no time.

"Um, I'm gonna make coffee. Do you want some?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. I take mine..." he was about to say but I interrupted him.

"I know how you take your coffee, Colin." I exclaimed with a proud smile and went to the kitchen.

He joined me shortly after. I prepared the coffee and we sat on the kitchen table. For a brief moment none of us was speaking, we were awkwardly holding our mugs with both hands and staring into nothingness.

"Have you told anyone? About us?" I asked hesitantly without taking my eyes from my mug.

He cleared his throat briefly.

"No. Have you?" he asked back

"I told Ginny. I doubt she's told anyone though, so we can keep it between the three of us if you'd like." I answered, lifting my gaze to his face.

"I'd love that." he agreed with a half smile.

My eyes trailed to the ring on his finger. The ring that was a constant reminder of the life he gave up for me.

"You're still wearing the ring." I noted, pointing to his right hand.

He raised his hand to his eyes' level and observed it.

"Yeah, as far as anyone is concerned, I'm still married to Helen. I can't let them know the truth yet." he said indolently.

"Right." I said awkwardly.

I took a sip of my coffee and looked him in the eyes.

"Colin, there are some things bothering me that I'd really like to talk to you about." I confessed.

"Go on." he suggested with a swing of his hand.

"So, you do know that I'm this perfectionist freak. I want everything in my life, whether it's my personal life or my work, to be organized. I don't like anything being messy. Certain things must be done in certain ways." I started.

"Your point being?" he asked confused.

"What I'm trying to say is that with you, and don't get me wrong, it's been extremely difficult to keep everything on track. From that first night we spent together, my life has been nothing but messy." I tried to explain.

We both sighed at the same time. We were indeed really in sync.

"What do you suggest?" he asked.

"I want us to sort some things out and kinda set some rules. That's all." I replied hesitantly.

"Jen, I'm still not following what you're talking about." he said.

I took a moment to collect my thoughts. His worried face was stressing me out.

"Ok, here's the thing. We haven't really talked about everything that's happened between us. We haven't defined what we currently are or what's acceptable and what isn't." I blurted out.

"I really hate defining stuff, especially when it comes to relationships, but I'll try to do this for you. You and me; we are friends. We used to have a thing that didn't work out in the end, but we're fine now, I guess. As for the rules, do we really need to do that?" he said without even taking a breath.

I cocked my head to the side and shot him a pleading look. He was tapping his fingers on the table.

"Could you please stop looking at me like I killed your dog? Ok, we can set some rules. But we're setting them together. And my first rule is; You are no longer allowed to touch my hair." he claimed with a smirk.

I opened my mouth in shock.

"That's not what I meant. I was talking about what is considered sexual between us." I said.

"Oh, I know. But you touching my hair is kind of sexy and it turns me on, so you are forbidden from doing it from now on." he winked at me.

I burst out laughing. He was such a moron.

"Ok I'm kidding. I know you couldn't live without touching this amazing hair. So, the basic rules are; no sex, no making out, not seeing each other naked...anything I'm missing?" he said scratching his chin.

"Oh, here's one; no sleeping on the same bed." I added.

"Good one. Hey, can you bring me a pen and paper to write those down?" he asked.

I fumbled in the bottom drawer of my cupboard and found what he asked. We carried on popping out ideas and we ended up writing a full page which he later named "The Colifer Friendship Pact" and we both signed the bottom of it.

I must admit this was the most fun we'd had in ages. I had missed this. I had missed us just being us.

A few days later it was time to say goodbye. Filming had ended and each of us headed home.

During the time we were apart, we FaceTimed each other almost every day. Things were finally back to normal.

A/N: This chapter was really frustrating and I'm sorry if it's kinda boring, but hey, great things are happening in the future🤗
Thanks for showing love to my story😍
Xoxo, Eva💕