Chapter 36: Wrap party

*April 2nd*

Jen's POV

We pulled up on the parking lot outside the premises of where the event was held. Everyone would be there; cast, writers, producers, costume makers, the people from makeup and hair department, even our stun doubles.

This kind of parties were always spectacular, because each of us got to talk about what we like about the show, how it had changed us, how we connect with the characters and many more.

We got off the car (which I was driving, for obvious reasons) and strode to the entrance. He gave me an everything-is-going-to-be-ok kind of look and we entered through the heavy glass door.

We were instantly welcomed by soft classical music filling the air, muffling the low indistinct chattering in the room. The large hall was still quite empty. There were a couple dozen people here and there and of course the usual big buffet besides the stage. I immediately spotted Lana and Ginny talking at one corner and we joined them shortly after.

People continued to fill the room and soon enough it was time for the fun to begin. Adam and Eddy got on stage and started their speech about how thankful they were for all of us making their writing come to live and how they wished they would continue the show forever.

After they were done, each one of us got on that stage and said a word about the show. After that, me and Colin joined Ginny and Josh. We claimed a corner and got engaged in a conversation about anything and everything. At some point Colin excused himself and vanished in the crowd. It was then just the three of us.

"So, how are things going with you two?" Josh asked casually.

My jaw dropped. It was one thing assuming Ginny had told him about me and Colin, but it was quite another thing him actually asking something like that. Ginny shot him a disapproving look but he just shrugged his shoulders innocently.

"Josh, you are well aware that this was strictly confidential, right?" she scolded him.

Before either of us managed to say anything in return, Colin's voice interrupted us from up the stage.

"Attention everyone. I would like to make an announcement." he said through the microphone.

I was positive that if I were standing, I would have collapsed on the floor. I was not informed about this, but I had a pretty good idea what it was about. And then terror overcame me. What if they didn't approve of us? What if they hate me for what I'd done?

I was on the verge of having a panic attack. Ginny, noticing my state, squeezed my hand in an attempt to calm me down. It didn't seem to work but I was grateful she was by my side. Everyone was staring at him, but I could only assume that, as my eyes were glued to the stage. My ears were buzzing but I could still hear him loud and clear as he spoke.

"I would like to share the news with you first." he continued, glancing over at me and locking his gaze with mine.

"Me and Jennifer are dating." he exclaimed and dead silence filled the room instantly.

Everyone instantly turned to look at me. I was trapped under their burning gazes, feeling their disapproval pierce through my skin. Colin was still frozen in spot, not knowing how to react either. I was tempted to run out of there, but my body wouldn't cooperate.

Adam and Eddy where the first to approach the table we were sitting on.

That was it. They were going to fire me.

And then the most unexpected thing happened. I couldn't believe it until Eddy's hands were wrapped around my body, whispering a soft triumphant "I knew it" in my ear. Adam followed suit and soon the room was filled with "congratulations" and "I'm so happy for you" 's.

Colin jumped off the stage, not bothering to use the side stairs provided and clearly not caring about his injured foot. He walked through the crowd that was beginning to form in front of us and embraced me in a hug as soon as he reached me, kissing the side of my head gently.

Everything went well from there. There were people who asked about Helen of course, but Colin informed everyone about their divorce.

Correction: Everything went well until 5 minutes later, Lana came to us.

"Guys, there's something you need to know." she said with a terrifying look on her face.

A/N: So, there's this thing called "dyslexia" that doesn't allow me to express the things I have in my head properly. But seriously, guys, you should learn Greek, because I would have written this 1000 times better in Greek🙈
There are 4 of you who already know what's about to happen, but for the rest of you that don't, sorry for the cliffhanger😂
Not gonna talk about Jen leaving because it's too damn painful, k? K.
Xoxo, Eva💕