Chapter 7: Drowning the pain

Jen's POV

I was now left alone, crying my heart out, drowning my uncontrollable sobs in my pillow. My hair was completely soaked with tears.

His voice echoed inside my head, constantly reminding me of everything he had said.

"I can't do this."
"I can't handle this."

Whatever we had was over and it hadn't even started properly.

Why did I let myself go through that once again? Every single time I trusted someone, they always ended up proving me why I shouldn't have.

Every damn time.

I thought he was different. I thought I could have a chance at happiness with him. My current state was proof that once again I was wrong. Once again I was deceived. Somehow, I always ended up being someone's second choice.

The worst part is that even now, when I was devastated because of him, I needed him. I needed my best friend. I wished he was here to soothe me and take my pain away. I wished that there was a magical way he could come back at this very moment and tell me that all this was a joke. Yeah, he has that impact on me.

How pathetic is that?

Colin's POV

After leaving Jen's house, I was a complete wreck. What the hell was I thinking? I wanted her, why did I state otherwise?

I needed to be alone. I had hurt two people in les than an hour.

Two people I cared for.

Way to go, buddy.

I didn't want to go back home and face Helen. It would be too painful for both of us. And pointless. We both needed some time to think alone.

I went to the nearest hotel and booked a room. I drowned my guilt in several bottles of vodka throughout the night. I tried calling Jennifer. I needed to make sure that she was ok, but her phone was inactive.

Of course it was.

She was too busy crying to notice that her battery was dead.

A/N: Heyyy guys, I know this is a small one, but I posted it anyway because I might not be able to post for a while (college, duh😵).  Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!
Xoxo, Eva💕