Chapter 10: Come over

Jen's POV

A few days had passed since I got that migraine on set. I needed to thank Colin for taking care of me but I didn't have the chance to do so on that day because he had left before I got out of the room.

We were currently on lunch break and we were the only two people inside the lunch tent, as I like to call the tent full of food they provide us. This was the perfect chance.

Neither of us was eating. He was on his phone and I was reading my book quietly sitting in a corner. It was now or never.

"Hey, do you happen to be free tonight?" I asked him with my eyes glued to the pages of my book.

"Wha...what?" he asked, obviously surprised.

"I was thinking that maybe you might wanna help me rearrange my guest room into a closet, you know, because I have tons of clothes and shoes." I answered, looking away from the book and into his eyes.

"Oh sure, what time should I come?" he asked, turning his gaze away from me and back to his phone screen.

Gosh, I swear, this was probably the most awkward conversation we have ever had.

"How about at 8?"

"Perfect. May I ask, are you ok?"

He looked at me with slight concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" I asked him.

"Well, you've been ignoring me for ages and now you randomly suggest I come and help you move some furniture in your house. Don't you think it's a bit weird?"

"I think you're right. I should probably ask someone else. Sorry for bothering you." I said with a blunt face and went back to reading my book.

As when I thought that this couldn't get worse.

"No, no, no, I didn't mean it that way. I will gladly help you. See you tonight." he said as he stood up, making his way outside.

"Wait. Before you leave, I wanted to thank you for helping me the other day when I was unconscious." I told him.

He turned around and smiled at me.

"I'm glad you're ok." he said and exited the tent.

I was so glad he left, because I couldn't help the grin that was formed on my face.

Colin's POV

I was really confused but I was happy at the same time. She had invited me at her house. I haven't been there in a long time. Well, at least inside, because I had gone outside her house plenty of times during the time she was ignoring me.

Is this some sign that she is becoming soft again? I didn't want to get my hopes up just to have them crushed down again later, but I couldn't help feeling excited.

I went home, took a bath, got dressed and grabbed my phone and car keys before I left for her house.

On my way there I stopped by a shop and bought a bottle of red wine, which I knew was her favorite.

I kept reminding myself that I should handle this situation really carefully. One wrong move and she would go back to ignoring me again.

I parked outside her house and got out of the car. I ran my fingers through my hair, fixing it one last time and rang her bell.

She opened the door. I took a moment to admire her beauty.

She was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a white tank top and yet she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

I swear, this woman can wear a freaking plastic bag around her whole body and still look appealing.

"Come in." she suggested.

"Yeah. Right." I said awkwardly, as I snapped back to reality.

"This is for you." I handed her the bottle of wine as soon as she closed the door.

"Thank you. Leave it on the kitchen counter." she gestured.

I did as she said and then followed her to the guest room.

Jen's POV

"Ok, this is the room. We need to disassemble the bed and bookcase, move the books to my room and put the rest of the stuff in the storage. And that's pretty much it." I explained.

"Fine. Let's get started." he suggested and we got to work.

I put the books into a box while he unscrewed the bed's screws to make it easy to carry.

"Are you done with the bed? I need the screwdriver for the bookcase." I said as I was whipping the dust from the upper shelves with a piece of cloth.

"Uhm, yeah here you go." he walked to me and handed me the screwdriver.

I was standing with my back still turned to him, so I didn't really see how close he had come to me, which was really, really close.

I reached my hand subconsciously to take it and when my fingers touched his, I felt it. All the feelings I had been trying to suppress all this time came back all at once. Memories came rushing through my mind.

I turned around and saw his face inches away from mine. We were both looking down and thinking the same thing I guess.

I quickly took the screwdriver from his hand and turned around again before I did anything that I would regret later.

We finished off and he went home.

--------------------------------

Colin's POV

I went home looking more happy than ever. She was starting to warm up to me again, but it surely wasn't enough.

After the little moment we shared earlier, I couldn't help but think what would have happened if I had kissed her right there.

I needed to taste her lips again. I had missed this feeling.

I decided to send her a text, in hope to get something in reply this time. I didn't know what I was gonna say, but I would figure it out in the process.

I grabbed my phone and when I pressed the unlock button, I came to a big surprise.

She had texted me first.

"We never got to drink that wine you brought." I read on the screen.

An instant smile spread upon my face reaching my eyes. I unlocked it and replied.

"Maybe I can come over some time and we can give it a go."

My phone buzzed almost immediately.

"Or maybe you can come over now." she texted back.

My heart began to beat faster inside my chest. I had left her place about an hour ago and she was now inviting me to go back.

Was this a dream?

I had barely got a few "hello's" and "goodbye's" from her for the past month or so, and now she was requesting to see me twice on the same night. Not that I was complaining, I was just suspicious. And ambitious at the same time. I really hoped she had come round and changed her mind.

I grabbed my jacket and headed to my car once again.

A/N: Ok I really need to find time to correct the typos and grammar errors in this one.