Chapter 14: Do I wanna know?

Jen's POV

It was Helen. Of course it was. He had gone back to her. He had chosen her over me once again. Maybe I was too late. Maybe he grew sick of waiting for me.

I was so lost in my thoughts, not knowing what I should do.

"I'm...sorry." was all that came out of my mouth and I run back to my car holding back my tears.

Colin's POV

I was so overwhelmed by Jen's presence that for a brief moment I completely forgot Helen was here as well.

The reason she was actually here was because of our divorce. We had an appointment with the lawyer this morning and got it over with. We had decided that we wouldn't be one of those ex couples that don't speak to each other. We have been together since high school, we couldn't just erase those 16 years and hate each other from now on.

But Jennifer didn't know any of this. She actually wasn't even aware of the fact that we were getting a divorce in the first place.

I grabbed my jacket and car keys and went after her. Even if she wasn't home, I was determined to wait for her outside for as long as I had to.

Jen's POV

As soon as I got home, I collapsed on the couch and started crying. It had come down to me being someone's second choice once again.

I heard a knock on the door. I contemplated whether I should answer it or not for a moment, and decided I would. I splashed some water on my face and opened the door, only to be greeted by Colin's lips on mine.

I instinctively pushed him away.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him furiously.

"What does it seem like?" he asked.

I was as confused as it gets.

"Helen...You...your apartment."

Composing a coherent sentence at this moment felt like the hardest task ever.

"Let me come in and I will explain everything in a moment." he said.

I moved away from the door so he could come in and we sat on the couch as always.

"I'm listening." I said crossing my arms on my chest.

"Don't do that." he said pointing at my hands. "It makes me nervous."

I let out a sigh and rested my arms on my thighs.

"Start talking." I commanded him.

"Do you know why Helen is in Vancouver?" he asked.

Wasn't he supposed to be the one doing the explaining part? Asking questions wasn't part of that.

"Do I wanna know?" I asked.

"We had an appointment with a lawyer this morning. We signed our divorce papers." he said.