Chapter 19: A distraction

Jen's POV

We were casually hanging on set during a small break between scenes, waiting to be called for filming again. Everyone was either eating or having a chat.

I, on the other hand, had my head buried in my book, sitting by myself in a corner, as usual. I was so lost in it that I didn't hear Lana coming and was a little startled when she sat on the chair next to me.

"I see you and pretty boy over there are still at loggerheads." she stated, motioning her head towards Colin's direction.

Lana, being her usual straight-forward self, got directly to the point. She, like most of the crew didn't have a single clue about what was going on between me and Colin. So far, Ginny was the only one who knew, and maybe Josh, considering they don't keep secrets from each other. But of course, she knew there was something. Everyone knew. It was pretty obvious, to be honest.

"Actually no, we are not. Not anymore." I reassured her.

I lifted my eyes and looked over to where he was standing with Karen. They were laughing and taking pictures. That was so typical of him. Whenever someone new was introduced to the cast, he would try his best to make them feel like they are part of the squad. He always got along with everyone so well.

"They seem to be having fun." she noted.

"Yeah, I guess they are." I said nonchalantly, turning my eyes back to my book.

I was still trying to figure out what the point of this whole conversation was. Lana was one of those extremely perceptive people who somehow always knew when something was going on before everyone else did. And she was really good at reading people too. I guessed this was not just a small talk. She was up to something.

"Well, they certainly did last night." she commented.

This statement took me completely by surprise. What was that supposed to mean?

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at her and failing to hide my now-growing concern.

"I don't know for sure, but I saw them leaving set together last night. Colin was just giving her a ride to her hotel I guess. Or maybe..."

She didn't finish her sentence, but instant jealousy came over me by only imagining what she was suggesting.

I knew I had to contain my emotions but that seemed nearly impossible at that moment. I immediately closed my book and stood up.

"Excuse me." I exclaimed, before making my way down to the bathroom.

When I walked in, the first thing I did was to make sure no one else was there. After that, I carefully splashed some water on my face and got hold of the sink with both my hands.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

What did I even expect? Of course he would find someone else. I had no right to feel this way but I couldn't help it. The thought that he had simply erased everything that happened between us and moved on killed me. The fact that we now were just friends didn't mean that I was over him.

But maybe he was. After all, he had found himself a distraction.

And then it hit me.

That's what I needed as well.

A distraction.

A distraction from thinking about him.

I felt my jean pockets and pulled my phone out. I quickly went through my contacts and found his name.

I hesitated at first but pushed the call button and placed the phone on my ear, nervously waiting for him to answer my call.

After a couple rings, he picked up. I hadn't talked to him in a while and hearing his voice on the other side of the phone put an instant smile on my face.

"Hey Geoff, how are you doing?"

A/N: Oh the cliffhanger! I know this is a short one, but I have plenty ideas for the following chapters😏😏
Hey, I know I said a few chapters ago that I will probably let you know what happened on THE NIGHT (the first night) Colin and Jen spent together, but I couldn't fit it in the story. Maybe I will add it in one of the next chapters, or maybe I will just end the book with it😏 Still deciding.
Thanks for reading😍
Keep commenting and voting🤗
Xoxo, Eva💕