Moving On

It had been a while since Luke and I officially ended things, if you can even call that official, and soon after I finished school with honors, I don't know how that happened since after the FaceTime call I was a mess. I didn't leave my room for days and I fell so far behind in my studies but I refused to let it ruin what I have been working so hard for and managed to pull myself together in time for graduation.

I never explained to anyone outside of the situation what happened between Luke and I so the fans don't really know why we broke up but trust me they know we did. It's hard to try and explain to them what happened without hurting someone's feelings so I just ignore those tweets. I have been planning to do some traveling this summer and my first stop was England. It took me forever to convince my parents to not only let me go but to let me go by myself. Mia will be visiting her family so she can't come with me but after bugging them for weeks they said yes. To get ready for our summer travels Mia and I went shopping.

"What do you have planned for when you go to England?" Mia asked me while looking at a shirt "Everything. Eat everything, visit everywhere, and meet as many people as possible. What about your plans with your family?" I asked while scanning through some clothes. "We actually decided to go on a cruise for a few weeks so I am excited about that. I have to find a cute bikini in case I run into a really cute guy." Typical Mia

"Gotta prepare for everything." I said while laughing and modeling a pair of sunnies "Speaking of preparing for stuff, are you planning on visiting anyone while you are in Los Angeles?" I looked up at her over the clothing rack and rolled my eyes "Nope. I have absolutely no intention of seeing him while I am in the country. Hopefully that won't be too hard." "You can't stay mad at him forever." she said as we walked to the fitting room "I have nothing to say to him so watch me." I said closing the door to my dressing room. We spent a few more hours shopping then her brother dropped me home.

A few days later I was just checking my email and I nearly dropped my laptop as I jumped up and screamed with excitement. My mom came rushing into my room with a knife in her hand "What's going on?" I stopped and looked at her "Why do you have a knife?" What did she think was happening in my room? "Why did you scream?" she shot back and the excitement came right back

"I got invited to go to vidcon this summer in Los Angeles!!" I screamed and started jumping again. "But aren't you going to England this summer?" she asked sound confused "Yeah but it's not until after so I can go straight from there." My mom's faced dropped a little and she sat down at the edge of my bed "What's wrong mom?" I asked as I moved closer to her. She all of a sudden grabbed me and I was being smothered in her boobs "My baby is growing up and traveling the world" she said almost crying. I managed to break free gasping and flailing to inhale fresh air.

When I looked back at my mom she was wiping some tears that started to fall from her eyes and I gave her a big hug. "I had to at some time mom but don't worry, I'm the same little girl that you raised." I said reassuring her "And don't forget it" she said while pinching my cheeks. I loved these intimate moments we had together because I always felt like it strengthened our bond as mother and daughter. She sniffled and let out a light laugh "Make sure to take a lot of pictures and videos on YouTube so I can follow along with your adventure and all the people you meet." she said as she got up and walked out of my room. "I promise I will." I said smiling back at her "And call me every night young lady." she yelled from downstairs "I'm not leaving for another few days mom" I said and turned back to my computer to reply to the email and make my travel arrangements.

While I am in England I will be staying with some YouTubers who I became close to over twitter and YouTube and we all planned to travel to vidcon together. There is going to be a lot of collabs on my channel soon and I am so excited for it. I sent out a quick tweet saying 'Excited for my plans this summer. Can't wait to meet you guys'.

Just as I finished booking my ticket my dad slowly came in my room "Hey kiddo. Not too long out of school and you are already leaving the house." he joked and he ruffled my hair. "It's not forever dad, I'll be back before you know it. And besides" I said with a smirk "That gives you and mom the house to yourself for a while." He nudged me in my sides and let out a deep laugh "Yeah you're right. I'm still going to miss my little girl" I smiled and gave him a hug, I am definitely a daddy's girl. "Just stick with mom because I have a feeling she's going to stalk my Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram so it will be like you guys and there with me and you can always call me on FaceTime." He hugged me back tightly "Of course and don't let me see you with any boys." he warned which I couldn't help but laugh at "Dad you can't hide me from them forever."

He pulled back slightly and looked me in the eyes "Yeah but after you and Luke ended I never want to see you that hurt again. You've only been on a few dates since and I don't like any of them." I looked down as I remembered when I last talked to Luke on FaceTime and he stepped away from playing FIFA with the boys to talk. After that he didn't answer again or reply to any of my text messages. The only response I received from Luke was his twitter and Instagram post of him having the time of his life and a few with him and some girls.

I tried to fight back the tears and gave my dad another hug "I'm a big girl dad, I'll be fine." I said giving him a reassuring smile "And plus Zoella is going to be with me the whole time" He smiled back "Ok sweetie. Don't forget if you need anything at any time just call your mother and I and we will drop everything and come." he said as he kissed me on the head and started to walk out. "I promise."

He slowly closed the door behind him and I went on twitter and sent out a tweet saying 'England in a few days and then a quick stop in the U.S. for…VIDCON! Can't wait to see you guys' I pressed tweet and closed twitter. Later I found myself on YouTube and I saw a fan-made video that had Luke and I in it. I clicked to watch it and photos and videos of us together started to play along with the song 'Wherever You Are by 5SOS (5 Seconds of Summer)' I remembered the first time I saw this video in my room and again and it started to bring back a lot of great memories.

The ending credits started to roll and something popped out at me so I rewinded the video and paused it to read it. She wrote 'Cutest couple ever. I hope Luke and Rachel get back together soon because they were made for each other' and I felt a hot tear slid down my face. I brushed it off, started blasting Miss Movin' On by Fifth Harmony, and began packing for my long journey to get my mind off of it and it included going through the stuff that Mia and I bought earlier today. I can't wait to start traveling.