Vidcon Day 1

Today is officially the day: VIDCON!! I was super excited because this is my first ever vidcon and my mission today is simple. Meet as many fans as possible, take as many pictures as possible, and most important is avoid Luke at all cost. I rolled out of bed and raced to the bathroom while it was still open. I took a quick shower and decided to curl my hair. I was dressed simple today because I don't know what to expect and I want to be comfortable so I put on dark wash skinny jeans, white with black stripes tank top, a relaxed cardigan, and black toms.

"Good morning all" I said as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Good morning" they replied while continuing with their breakfast. "So Rachel are you excited for your very first vidcon ever?" Troye asked. "Of course how could I not be?" I said while getting some cereal to eat. "Hey Rachel take a picture with me for Instagram." Zoe said while pulling me to the full length mirror in the other room. Once she posted it to her page I took a screen shot of it and reposted it on mine with the caption 'Zoe and I vidcon ready. Come and say hi if you see us :)' and went back to finish getting ready.

Vlogging camera, check, extra batteries, check, phone, check, phone charger, check, sun glasses, check, "I am ready" I yelled coming down the stairs. As I was waiting on everyone else and the car I decided to start vlogging so I pulled out my camera and started recording

"Hey everyone. It is day 1 of vidcon and I am super excited to meet so many of you guys over the next few days. Um I will be doing a meet and greet and a few things on the main stage with some other youtubers not from America and I'm not sure what else but I can't wait to get going and get the day started. Let me give you a quick view of the amazing house we are staying in" I turn the camera around and start scanning the room I am in "So this is what you see when you first walk in. The rooms are upstairs and around the corner is the kitchen" I say walking towards it

"Hey there is Troye getting all his stuff together, say hello Troye." He looks up from his bag and smiles and waves at my camera "Hello Rachel's viewers. Going to see quite a few of you today aren't we?" I turn the camera back to me and smile "Yep and I already feel like we are going to take a ton of selfies. We should make a hashtag for today so we can look at all the pictures you guys took. Ok why don't you guys add the hastag 'VidconDay1' and our name after it and we will go through them later and like a few. I'm also going to tweet this out because this vlog might not be up today. I don't know we will see but anyway let's continue the house tour shall we."

I recorded the rest of the house and ran into everyone else also vlogging "If you hear some random and crazy noise in the background don't be alarmed it's just my roommates" I said with an innocent smile just as someone yelled from the top of their lungs. "But yeah guys that's all for now and I will see you at vidcon" I cut there and heard a honking noise from outside. "The car is here!" I yelled as I packed my camera back in my bag and we all piled in and were now officially on our way to vidcon.

The moment we stepped out of the car people started screaming and coming towards us. We took pictures with them before we started to head to the back to walk in. I nodded my head as I tried to remember my schedule and then it hit me which made me grab onto Joe's arm. Today everything I was involved in also involved Troye, Zoe, Joe, and Jack and Finn. Joe looked down and smiled at me as he put one hand in his pockets and the other around my waist as I did the same. We all walked inside and were amazed and the size of the place and how many people were there. Instantly people started to come up to us and ask for pictures and autographs and started handing us stuff (mental note to thank Tyler Oakley for telling us to bring a bag to put everything in).

After about 20 minutes we started to explore the place and look around at all the YouTubers and interview stations that were set up. I became more and more excited as we found the stand where we would have our first official meet & greet. What was interesting is that it was set up in the wing of the building where all the British and Australian and I guess other people that would be considered to have an accents were set up. I let go of Joe's arm and started to explore a little on my own as he started talking to some fans.

Each table was labeled so you can tell where each person was and I found Alfie's station and chatted with him for a bit until I saw a familiar beanie that made me nervous and my hands clammy. 'Oh no no no' I thought to myself as I ended my conversation with Alfie and went to walk towards my table but I saw that is where he was going also so I slowly started to follow him and whenever he turned around I would hide behind someone. "Can I get through my first day of vidcon without running into him" I mumbled to myself as I continued to follow the hat.

It started to feel like I was a stalker until I felt someone grab my side and I screamed. The only thing that covered over the sound was fans running into their favorite YouTubers and doing the same thing. I turned around and was face to face with Ricky and he was holding his sides laughing. "Ricky don't scare me like that!" I said as I punched his arm which hurt me more than him because he had hard muscles.

I noticed he had a camera in his hand and he started talking to it and introduced me "Oh my gosh guys it's Rachel from RachelsRoom" he said excitedly "Is that your vlogging camera?" I asked him while pointing at it. He nodded and I smile and said hi "Hey guys. It's nice to finally meet you Ricky. "I said as I hugged him dramatically "Same here not like I saw you yesterday or anything" he joked while laughing lightly

"And you know we have to do a collab before you leave. I saw all your collabs with the British YouTubers so don't tell me you don't collaborate with people" He said with his hands on his waist. I looked at his camera laughing and pointing at him "Is he always this sassy? Geesh." I said rolling my eyes dramatically "I'm just super excited to be here I love meeting all the viewers. You know who else is here right?" I looked at him confused and he let out a gasp "Are you kidding me? This is the perfect time for you and Luke to kick start back up your relationship." My face fell a little when he said that but I tried to put on a genuine smile "Hey you never know what will happen at vidcon" I said shrugging.

He eyed me suspiciously before turning back to his camera "I'm keeping an eye on you missy but anyway we have to have you over to the o2l house so you can do some collabs with us." I giggle at the excited person in front of me "Just let me know when and where and I will be there" I said giving him a hug bye. I can tell this is just the start of a weekend of questions about Luke and I's relationship...which reminded me, where did that beanie go? I looked around and couldn't find it so I walked back over to the table and the rest of the day sped by with no up close Janoskians sighting, one day down and two to go. After vidcon I caught back up with Ricky and Kian and we grabbed food and I spent the next few hours at the o2l boys' house.