Chapter 6

"So......?"

"So?!"

"Yes, so?"

"That's all you got, Gideon?" Pacifica rolled her eyes and tossed the Journal back onto her bed. "You're not surprised or anything?"

"Not entirely." He mused, "it's interesting, but it's not for me."

"How so?" Pacifica arched a brow.

"I'm more into stickers." Gideon explained.

"Of course." Pacifica frowned slightly. "But Gideon, this stuff is real!"

"Explain how."

"I've seen it all!" Pacifica exclaimed, "well actually most of it. I haven't seen everything but I will eventually."

"Huh...." Gideon looked a tinsy bit interested in the Journal Pacifica had found. "Sounds a tiny bit interesting."

"Isn't it?" Pacifica smiled at her cousin.

"Tiny!"

Pacifica laughed, "yeah yeah whatever."

***

"How are you feeling?" Mabel asked, leaning over the railing of Dipper's hospital bed.

He shrugged, "the same as I was five seconds ago."

"Sorry, I'm just-"

What would I say? That I'm actually worried about my brother?

Dipper gave his sister a confused look, "you're just?"

"Just curious, that's all." She said, not wanting to admit how worried she was about her brother.

"Curious?"

"Yeah, only curious." Mabel rubbed her shoulder, awkwardly. "When do they let you out of here?"

"Two hours."

"Really?" Mabel was shocked, "they're not keeping you overnight?"

"They said that it wasn't technically an emergency even though they also said it's possible that I could pass out again sometime until..." he paused, not really wanting to say. "Until two months from now."

"So, each breath you take could be your last?" Mabel suddenly felt a wave of sadness crash over her.

"Yes, that's exactly right." Dipper nodded slowly. "Although he did say two months, it could happen anytime."

"Can't they do anything to cure you?!" Mabel demanded.

"No Mabes, they can't do anything." Dipper chuckled and shook his head, "damn, thirteen years old and already having one foot in the grave."

Mabel would usually find this funny.

But now it was different.

××××××××

~~~~~~~~~~

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

“You Don't Care A Bit”