Chapter 24

Day 31:

Pacifica waited patiently inside the Mystery Shack. Pacifica had flashbacks of the previous night.

F L A S H B A C K

"Dipper!" Pacifica shouted as the brown haired thirteen year old fell to the ground. Pacifica tried to catch him but it was too late. Dipper's head connected with the ground with a sickening crack. Pacifica's eyes widened when she heard the despairing noise, and the river of red that started to form around his head. Pacifica put her hands to her mouth.

F L A S H B A C K  O V E R

She closed her eyes, and tried to shake the memories away. But it was hard when Mabel Gleeful showed up at the scene.

F L A S H B A C K

"What did you do to him?!" Mabel shrieked when she arrived at the spot where Dipper laid.

"I-I d-d-didn't do anything!" Pacifica exclaimed. "He just....fell."

"This is why I hate you." Mabel shouted, right as the ambulance showed up. "He's right over there!" Mabel pointed to her brother's body.

F L A S H B A C K  O V E R

Pacifica felt a tear roll down her cheek and her throat tightened. She had to see him! But when she tried to get into the emergency room, Mabel pushed her away.

F L A S H B A C K

"Get out!" Mabel yelled as she pushed Pacifica out of the room that Dipper was being wheeled into. "Get out get out get out!"

"No, I'm not leaving!" Pacifica cried. "I was there when if happened, I should be the one-"

S L A P

Pacifica felt the sting on her cheek, and touched a hand lightly against it. Mabel frowned and slammed the door. Pacifica knocked on the door hard but no one answered it. "Let me in!"

F L A S H B A C K  O V E R

Pacifica still felt the sting, and was mad at Mabel for slapping her.

What happened to him? He just passed out...it doesn't make any sense. I have to see him...even if Mabel won't let me...I have to!

××××××××

~~~~~~~~~~

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

“Close Your Eyes”