Chapter 21

"Gideon, how many days are in July?" Pacifica asked.

"Hmm, thirty one." He said, not looking up from his tv show.

"And same with August?" She asked.

"Mhm, why?"

"No reason." She looked down at her feet. She had sixty two days not to fall for Dipper Gleeful.

***

Day 1:

Pacifica walked with Gideon to the store that was a couple blocks away from the Mystery Shack, because Bud had sent them for some food. Pacifica yawned and looked in the store. Pacifica wondered, as she was looking through the boxes of cereal, if Dipper was counting the days, just like she was? She shook her head and cleared him from her mind, until he decided to show up.

"Hey Paz," he said, smirking devilishly.

"Hello, Gleeful." She tried her best to ignore him, but it's hard to ignore someone when that certain someone wraps an arm around you and pulls you to them. "What are you doing?"

"Spending time with my girl." He explained, "have you fallen for me yet?"

"In your nightmares." She muttered, "of course I haven't."

"Darn, it's a bummer." He mumbled. "But, I've still got time, but I won't wait that long." He let go of her and walked out of the store right as Gideon came back with some candy. "What happened, Paz?" Gideon asked.

"Nothing happened." Pacifica frowned, and started to walk away.

What did he mean when he said that he still had time?

***

Day 2:

"This sucks!" Dipper exclaimed, as he paced around his bedroom. "She's playing hard to get, I know it."

"Uh-huh, sure." Mabel muttered, looking at her nails instead of her brother for once.

"She is, Mabel, I know it." Dipper frowned at his sister.

"Why are you focusing on getting her?" She asked, finally looking up at her brother.

"Because...."

"Why are you flirting with her so much?" Mabel asked.

"Because I'm gonna die anyways, so I can flirt with whoever I want." He explained quickly. "I mean, it won't mean anything later."

"So you're playing her?"

"Something like that." Dipper lied.

"Okay...." Mabel sighed.

***

Day 3:

Pacifica sat in front of the tv in the Mystery Shack, watching some Cash Wheel with Gideon. She had tried to forget about Dipper and all of his flirting but it was hard when he kept showing up. The doorbell rang, "not it!" Gideon cried, so he could continue watching the show.