Chapter 28

Day 42:

Dipper wanted to explain this to Pacifica, but after the tears and the storming off yesterday, he couldn't bring himself to call her.

F L A S H B A C K

"W-why didn't you tell me?" Pacifica asked, taking a step away from him. "Why wouldn't you tell me that?"

"I don't know." Dipper replied. "In all honesty I didn't think you'd fall for me."

"You could've at least said something!" Pacifica frowned and turned to face him. Kaori had left the room and left the couple the fight.

"You never gave me the chance." Dipper said softly.

"So that's how you met your friend." Pacifica stated wryly. "But when you made the deal, how'd you know I'd give in?"

F L A S H B A C K O V E R

Dipper sighed and looked out the window. He didn't think he'd have to tell Pacifica, but unfortunately for him. It slipped out.

***

Day 43:

So how much time does he have left?

Pacifica had decided against telling Gideon that Dipper was going to die soon. "Gideon, you think I should see Dipper?"

"Uh....does that mean you have fallen for him?" Gideon looked up from his food.

"I guess it does." Pacifica murmured.

"So...what was with the deal?" Gideon raised an eyebrow.

"He removed it." Pacifica admitted. "Turns out he actually likes me. Like genuinely."

Gideon laughed. "That's weird. But if he likes you, go and see him."

"Alright! Thanks Gideon!" Pacifica tore out through the front door and made her way to the hospital.

***

Day 44:

Dipper looked up as Mabel entered the room. "Hey Mabes." He said sleepily.

"You look like complete-"

"Don't say that around the kid!" Dipper hissed and jerked his head towards Kaori.

"Sorry." Mabel clenched her teeth. "So, what'd you tell Blondie?"

"That I was going to..." he looked down at Kaori with a sad expression. "Die."

Mabel bit her lip, "how much longer?"

"A little over two weeks." Dipper explained, briefly.

"Seriously?" Mabel's eyes widened. "That little time?"

"I know I know." Dipper groaned. "It's not nice to know."