Chapter 14

"When Dipper and I were six, our parents were loving people," Mabel admitted, "but then they ended up always being busy. They didn't have much time for us anymore, and they were always away on business trips. So they realized that they couldn't hire a babysitter for months and months at a time, so they sent us here to live with our Great uncles. They said it was only for a little while, but they still haven't come back." Mabel hadn't realized that something wet had slid down her cheek. She furiously wiped it away hoping that Will didn't see her tears.

"M-Mabel, I'm s-so sorry." William whispered, "do you want another hug?"

Mabel nodded, and Will hugged her gently. "Thank you, William." She whispered. "You're wonderful."

"I try to be," he smiled, "now let's go pick up your brother."

***

"So you're not from around here?"

"No."

"How long have you been here?"

"Seven years to the day."

"Really?"

"No!"

"So how long?"

"About-"

"Gideon stop asking him questions! Why are you asking him questions anyways?" Pacifica asked, walking into the living room again. She had made the mistake of leaving Dipper with Gideon she should have known something was going to happen.

"I wanna make sure that he doesn't have amnesia from when you hit him." Gideon looked at Pacifica like she was crazy for asking that question. "So, 'Dipper'," and he even used the finger quotes. "What's your name?"

"Dipper."

"Darn!" Gideon realized that he had told Dipper his actual name when he asked the question. "Alright, what's your sister's name?"

"Her name is Mabel." Dipper said, "I don't think these questions are helping, I really should be going." He stood up and pushed past Gideon, while heading to the front door.

"......"

Gideon looked at Pacifica. "Should he....?"

But before the cousins could decide, the door swung shut and Dipper Gleeful was gone.

Again.

××××××××

~~~~~~~~~~

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

“Don't Ask Questions That Will Bore People To Death”