Chapter 19

This sucks!

A week had passed and Pacifica still had no information on Dipper Gleeful's amulet. She knew that if she could get him alone....she could prove that it was real. She had invited the Gleeful over today while Gideon was out with friends. Pacifica paced her living room waiting for the Gleeful to show up.

"Waiting for me?" His voice sounded behind her, causing her to jump. "How sweet."

"How'd you get in?!" She exclaimed, taking a step back from him.

He shrugged, "magic. Now why did you invite me over? Wanted to ask me out?"

"Ew, no." Pacifica made a face. "I want to see your amulet."

Dipper looked at her, "take a good look."

"No, I meant like, I wanna hold it." She explained slowly, hoping he wouldn't think much of it.

He avoided her question by looking at something she had in her hand. "What's that?" He asked, curiously.

"Nothing." Pacifica stammered, trying to conceal the Journal.

"Let me see." He said, taking a step closer. He swiftly snatched it out of Pacifica's hands and took a closer look at it. He couldn't believe his eyes, it was the third Journal! He had been looking everywhere for it and it was now in the hands of Pacifica Southeast. "What's this?" He said, trying to sound uninterested.

"It's nothing important." Pacifica muttered. "Now give it back."

"If it's not important, then I'll just take a quick look." He said, opening up the Journal to read through it. He almost grinned.

"Why must you read it?" Pacifica asked. "Does it mean anything to you?"

"Of course not." Dipper was quick to lie and he made if sound so natural.

Pacifica snatched the Journal from Dipper and tucked it under her arm. "Enough."

Dipper rolled his eyes, "well you really are playing hard to get."

"I do not want anything to do with you." Pacifica stated.

"You say that now, but I know you want me." Dipper chuckled. He began to walk out of the Shack, and Pacifica stood there. He slammed the door and walked off into the woods, and that's when it started to rain.

××××××××

~~~~~~~~~~

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

“Caught In A Downpour”