Chapter 27

Day 41:

So many days had passed since Dipper's black out and Pacifica had been to see him mostly every day. She was upset that he still had not woken up, but she knew that he needed time to rest up and get well again. She hastily walked to the hospital, after getting breakfast for her and Kaori, like she always did.

She headed up the stairs to Dipper's room and knocked on the door.

She heard whispers, then a giggle. "Come in!" Kaori's voice said.

Pacifica opened the door, "hey Kaori. I brought us some-"

She instantly stopped talking and felt the air rush out of her.

Dipper was actually sitting up and talking to Kaori. When he looked up and saw Pacifica, he grinned.

Pacifica didn't even care about that stupid deal anymore. She couldn't deny anything. She cast all of that aside and ran at him. Dipper was surprised and so was Kaori, but Dipper wrapped his arms around Pacifica and held her there. "I thought you had died!" Pacifica exclaimed.

"Unfortunately, you're not rid of me yet." He chuckled.

Pacifica sighed, and pulled something out from behind her back. It was the third Journal. "We had a deal."

"So you did fall for me?" Dipper asked.

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes I did fall for you." Pacifica smiled. "Here, take it."

Dipper looked from the Journal to her. And then did it again. "I don't want it anymore."

"W-what?" Pacifica asked, tears were now visible in her eyes.

"I. Don't. Want. It. Anymore." He said slowly. "Let's just say...you changed me."

"How so?" Pacifica asked.

"You just did, at first I was just flirting with you because hey, I'm gonna be dead in less than a month. But then you made me...fall for you." Dipper explained.

"You fell for me?" Pacifica's eyes widened. And then she realized what he said. "Wait what?"

"I did fall for you." Dipper said, in hopes of explaining it better somehow.

"Not that," Pacifica's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head. "You're going to be dead in less than a month?"

And the room went into a deathly silence.

××××××××

~~~~~~~~~~

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

“Deal Broken”

(27)