Rileytown

Rileytown, oh Rileytown. Whee!  I really miss that. I can't even remember the last time I was in Rileytown. I'm dreaming of bunnies, horses, princes and princesses, kingdoms, love, happiness. I open my eyes. It's dark, so I'm guessing the people behind this haven't turned the lights back on. I see Lexi. Sweating, shaking, but she still manages to sit up and read a book.
Riley - What are you reading?
Lexi - To Kill a Mockingbird
Riley - I've heard of that, isn't it a movie?
Lexi - yes, but the book is 10x better
Riley - What is it about?
Lexi - This man, Atticus who is a lawyer for a black person back in the 1900s. He's basically trying to convince the jury that this man didn't rape a white women.
Riley - I like to watch the film first and then the book. It helps me understand it more.
Lexi - We should ask joe if we can watch it for movie night.
I smile at her as she looks back down and continues to read her book.
Riley - Lexi?
Lexi - Yeah?
Riley - You're not going to die.
Lexi - Hate to break it to you but I am
Riley - I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just a obvious question. But if they thought you were going to die, why wouldn't they get rid of you now? Why wait?
Lexi - I'm writing a book. Well a short book.
Riley - Shut up. Really?
Lexi - I'm not done with it yet, but I convinced Joe to let me finish it before they take me away.  Maybe one day it'll be published
Riley - Is it about us?
Lexi - what better way to have a best selling novel than to write about girls being abducted and trapped underground.
Lexi smiles and winks at me as she gets up and heads over to the bathroom. I wonder why Joe is so nice. Why would he do that for her? I've been trying to figure out where they take the girls who are "ready to go". I still don't know where what why who. I've been here for a day I think. Most people would say if they were kidnapped, they'd be scared. To be honest, I feel safe for once. For once in a long time, I'm not hurting. Is that weird? I wish I could let everyone know that I was safe.. that's the one thing that's actually killing me on the inside. My family thinks I'm dead. I see Lexi coming back to her mattress.
Riley - My moms a lawyer
I realized that she already knew that
Riley - But you already know that. Anyways. When my family found out what he had been doing to me, we went to the police. They brushed it off. I didn't know how powerful he was. I didn't even know he was rich.
Lexi - That man. He has gotten away with many things.
Riley - We got a court date. It was yesterday
Lexi - And you couldn't make it, Wonder why they picked your court date to take you.
All I could think about was Rileytown now. I just want to be with Maya, my mom and dad. I want to be with my family. And happy. I start to doze off.