The Park

RILEYS POV
Christmas was nice. It felt really good to be with all of my family. I wish I could tell Maya that I'm home. But I know she's loving Ireland. And I can't take away from her. Next up is New Years. I'm trying to get in the mood to celebrate, but honestly I just don't feel like I'm all here. They haven't found Bianca and all I can think about is HOW can they have not found her yet? She's a horrible person who's getting away with murder and kid napping, let's not forget the human trafficking. I look at my body, bruises, cuts all around. It still hurts when I walk but that's something I keep to myself. Lucas and Zay come back today. I miss Zays sense of humor. And I miss Lucas's love. I get ready and start my way over to Lucas's house. I see the park. THE park. Remember the park bench that you slept on? I haven't been here since, wow like 6 months. I decide to sit there for a second. I remember why I loved it so much. No wonder it was my safe place, it felt safe.
Wait.
I've been here before. Those trees I've seen before. Why am I just remembering this now? I get up and start to head to the tree. There's a back ally? Since when has that been there? Something's not adding up. I feel like there's some things I can't remember about this specific place.
I close my eyes as I stand there, in front of this ally.
Flashback
Riley?
Who is that?
Riley wait! Is that you? Riley!
"Lucas"?!
Flashback over
It was probably a dream right? I get a text from Zay We're waiting for you to eat. We're hungry hurry up" I better get going.
I arrive to Lucas's house? Zay, Smackle, and Farkle are all there. I give Zay and Lucas big hugs
Riley - I've missed you guys, how was Texas?
Zay - Cold.
Riley - Zay, it's colder in New York than in Texas
Zay - It was still cold. I'm ready for summer
Lucas - What took you so long?
Riley - I passed the park and got distracted. Sorry
Lucas - the park.
I see the look on Lucas's face. He knows something. Before I even finished my sentence we both say "you know something" at the same exact time. It was creepy.
Zay - Come on I'm hungry you guys can have your moments later. Can we please eat
We take our seats and eat dinner. Lucas's father made steaks. I swear, that was the best meal I have ever consumed in my body.
Mr. Friar - it's good to have you back Riley
Riley - It's good to be back, thank you
I smile at him as he leaves the room, leaving the five of us behind.
Smackle - Farkle and I have to go.
Zay - Wait what? I don't want to be the third wheel with them
He stars at Lucas and I. Even though I haven't said exactly how I feel about Lucas to him, everyone knew.
Farkle - sorry man, curfew
Zay - Fine, I guess I'll go home too.
Everyone starts to leave.
Zay - I really have to get myself a girlfriend
Zay says as he leaves. We all laugh. Lucas and I head to his room. We sit down on the floor. I don't know why they're like ten hundred chairs in his room
Lucas - you remember something about the park don't you?
Riley - how'd you know?
Lucas - when you said park you had a look on your face. What did you remember?
Riley - Well at first I thought it was a dream, I can't remember exactly what happened. All I remember is hearing your voice. You yelling at my name. And that's it
Lucas - No one believed me.
Riley - What do you mean?
Lucas - A couple of weeks after you.. went away. I was walking through the park and I swear I thought I saw you, so I started calling out your name. When I went to go and follow you, you were gone. Everyone kept telling me that it was just my mind.
Riley - I can't remember anything else about that day. I think it was the day that they sold me
Lucas - Please don't say that
Riley - Say what?
Lucas - sold. It makes you sound like you're an object.
I smile at him. He sits next to me and I put my head on his shoulder.
Riley - I miss Maya.
Lucas - I know. It's better for her though
Riley - Yeah..
Lucas - Riley.
Riley - Lucas.
Someone opens the door. Oh my god. No freaking way. Is it really you? Oh you look mad.. OMG ITS REALLY YOU!