Dad

Lucas POV
Today was starting off actually good. We're all volunteering at a local shelter for the homeless. I've been doing this in secrecy ever since Riley met the "dark side" and didn't give that one dollar bill that Two-Shoes Louie needed. The only one who knew was Riley, because we'd do it every Saturday. I'm happy that everyone else came with me. Ever since Riley left, that place hasn't been the same.
Farkle - You do this every weekend Lucas?
I nod and smile.
Farkle - that's, very thoughtful of you.
Zay - Guys night?
Lucas - Guys night
Smackle - What about us?
Maya - Sorry princess, Shawns taking me out to dinner.
Farkle - Why do you still call him Shawn?
Maya - it's still weird to me to say the word "dad" let alone call him dad.
Smackle - Doesn't it make him feel bad?
Maya - What do you mean?
Smackle - He sees you as his daughter, but you don't call him dad.
Maya - he's my dad. I love him, I don't really know why I still call him Shawn.
Smackle - Here's my stop. I'll see you guys tomorrow.
Smackle gives Farkle a kiss goodbye. He blushes, it makes me happy.
We drop Maya off at her house, then we go to Zays house. We hardly ever have guys night there but, he insisted. Something about us neglected him and never paying attention to his life. So dramatic. The rest of the night consists of video games and binge eating. Nothing new really. Then we saw the news.
A body was found. The body of a young girl with dark hair. My heart stopped.