They Dont Know?

LUCAS POV
After she told me what had happened to her, she starting crying. She cried until she fell asleep. I still could not believe it.
Before I knew it, it was morning. I look up and there he was. Mr. Mathews watching me. It's like he's waiting to kill me. He signals me to come out to the kitchen. I get up slowly so I wouldn't wake Riley up. I am terrified to confront Mr. Mathews.
Lucas - Sir, it is not what you think I swear.
Cory - Lucas
Lucas - I respect your daughter very much and I would never do anything to hurt her
Cory - Lucas, it's okay
Lucas - What?
Cory - It's okay. You were protecting her. I heard everything.
Lucas - Everything?
Cory - These walks are surprisingly very thin
Lucas - So you're not going to kill me?
Cory - If it were any other time, I would. But she wanted you to stay. And thank you for that
Lucas - Id do anything for your daughter sir.
Cory - I know. Now go home.
I leave the Mathews house and go home. When I get there my dad is freaaaaaaaaking out.
Dad - Where have you been? Do you not know how to answer your phone? Why do I pay for it each month?
Lucas - I'm sorry sir, there was an emergency with Riley
Dad - Is she okay?
Lucas - I'm not sure.
Dad - Start packing up for Texas.
Lucas - I can't leave now dad. Riley needs me.
Dad - You bought your plane ticket already, your mother is expecting you.
Lucas - Mom will understand.
Dad - I'll talk to her. It's her decision.
I head to my room. My mind is totally somewhere else. I put on my pants backwards TWICE. How does that happen? I meet up with Farkle, Smackle, and Zay.
Farkle - I really need o see Riley.
Lucas - We should go. I think she'll be really happy to see you guys.
We head over to Rileys. We walk in through the front door, there's Mr and Mrs. Mathews sitting down on the couch, it looks like they have been crying
Cory - Hey kids.
Farkle - Do you think we can see Riley?
Cory - of course. She's napping right now but you're more than welcome to wait.
We take a seat around the living room/kitchen
Smackle - Did they find whoever did this?
Topanga- it's a little more difficult
Farkle - What's so difficult about it?
Topanga - we obviously have the buyer in custody right now, we're having trouble finding the seller.
Zay - Buyer? Seller?
Cory - they don't know?
Lucas - I didn't want to be the one who told them.
Mr andMrs. Mathews spent over an hour telling Zay, Smackle. And Farkle everything that had happened to Riley. I had to listen to it for the second time. Afterwards no one could at eachother.
Farkle - So, no one can prove that Mark was behind it all?
Topanga- Mark is only being charged for the sexual abuse. There's no evidence that he did it all.
Zay - Has Eric found a way to prove it?
Topanga - If Mark did it all, he is very good at hiding it.
Cory - We have a court date after The new year. We have until then to prove our theory.
We all head to Rileys room to see if she was awake. She was. He smile on her face when we walked in was absolutely amazing. We spent the entire day crying and laughing. It didn't feel right without Maya though.. All we could think about is how mad she's going to be when she comes back after Christmas. I get a text from my mom. I have to go to Texas for Christmas. I told Riley and of course she understood. She knows how much I miss Texas.
Zay and I head over to Texas for Christmas. Farkle, Smackle, and Riley stayed home for the holidays. Maya still in Ireland. Christmas was nice. It felt right again. To me at least. To Riley, it would never feel right again.