Chapter 8- Arms

Time skip- A few months later

Simon's POV

'How's school then homie?' JJ asks me as I sit down on the cold pavement in the alleyway next to the dumpsters 'Or daren't I ask?'

'I'm still struggling, JJ' I say as I tilt my head, which was leaning against the wall, to the side to look at JJ's precious face.

'Man, just speak up to them you know, don't let this shit get to you, yeah? Have you spoke to anyone about it?' JJ asks, looking concerned

'I don't wanna be a snitch' I say. 'I just can't be arsed, you know. I've got enough problems going on at home'

'No seriously Simon, I'm worried about you. Look at you, you're fucking young, fit, healthy, you've got all those things going for you. I can't have some dickheads at your school get you down.' JJ says, I break eye contact with him as I turn my head away from him, closing my eyes and just about managing to hold back my tears.

'JJ, you don-'

'Simon, you mean everything to me.' JJ says abruptly, moving his body steadily to sit directly in front of mine. 'I can't have you be like this, man' JJ begins to tear up and his voice begins to break and he gives me look as if he's begging for me. Begging that I would be okay, for me.

'You don't get i-'

'Simon! Listen to yourself!'

'No, listen to me!' I shout back, allowing myself it let go of the tears I had been holding back. I look JJ dead in the eyes, and gosh, did he looked beautiful, it was almost as if he shimmered...

'What then, Si, what is it?'

'I've been struggling with everything lately, and everyone just seems to hate me, seriously Jide, you're the only person I have.' I say, tears streaming down my face as JJ tucked me up behind one of the dumpsters and hugged me tightly, and it was something I had never felt before- love.