Chapter 19- 'but I'm still your older sister'

Simon's POV

'Simon, what do you want for dinner? I'm ordering pizza' Daisy asks from downstairs, as I sit slumped against my desk on my bedroom floor.

'I'm not eating' I say in reply, looking down at the cast around my ankle and the pile of work my school set me.

'What do you mean you're not eating? I'm ordering you a pepperoni pizza' Daisy says, dialling the numbers in from the home phone.

What Daisy doesn't know is that I didn't eat last night, and even though I am really hungry now, I just have no energy left.

JJ had come round a few times, I watched him out the window as I ignored the doorbell. I hated doing this, but I don't want to ruin anything we already have. Not that I have anything left with him now.

Time skip

The knock on my bedroom door wakes me up as Daisy bursts in without any warning, holding the pizza she ordered for me. Her hair was cut short and she was wearing her baggy jumper and jeans, the same jumper her boyfriend had given her the other day. Daisy came in and told me mum had been working late shifts this week, and that's why she hasn't been in at all until very late at night.

'Why is mum always working till late now?' I ask Daisy, as I take the pizza and try my best to enjoy it.

'I don't know. She hasn't spoke to me much about it.' Daisy sits next to me on my bed as she eats her pizza, I'm pretty sure this is the closest I've been to Daisy and the most amount of time we've spoke to each other since everything was normal.

A few minutes go by, as Daisy tries to think of something to say, 'Who's that boy who keeps knocking on the door after school?' She says eventually.

And suddenly my whole world goes dizzy and it's like my whole world just crashes once again under my own feet. Daisy holds me, and tells me it's okay. 'I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm so sorry Si' Daisy says to me, as I hold my hands to my face and sob uncontrollably.

Daisy then faces me directly and says the one thing I will never forget; 'Speak to me, yeah. If need be. I love you. I've never been here for you, whilst we've been growing up. But I'm still your older sister, even though I may be a shit one, I am still here for you, and I'm not just saying that. I love you Si'