~Chapter 24~

(Noah’s POV)

“Do you want Ham or Chicken on your roll, babe?” Carly asks standing at the bench over the ingredients for a sandwich.

“Surprise me” I tell her and she nods.

“So. When are they coming back?” She doesn't need to emphasise on who she's taking about, I know they is my mate and her pack.

“I don’t know. Sam told me that they will be here after her birthday which is the week after Kayla’s. I wonder how Kayla’s doing” I stray away into deep thought.

I haven’t seen Sam or my sister for at least 2 weeks and it hurts waking up next to a girl that’s not my mate or walking past a room that used to be covered in posters of bands and make-up spread over the dressing table and clothes covering the floor like rugs. Kayla’s room would look messy and untidy but she knew where everything was kept and which clothes were clean and dirty. God, I miss teasing Kayla, it used to be so much fun watching her squirm.

“NOAH! Wake up and stop thinking about them AND NOT ME, gah!” I flinch at the annoying tone in her voice. That squeaky mouse noise girls can make, yeech it's hard on the ears.

“Oh, I'm sorry- whoops, wait a minute- no I'm not," I point at her, "if you ever use that mousey tone with me again, I'll rip your annoying voice box out”

“I'm sorry Noah, let me make it up to you," she purrs, placing a delicate hand on my shoulder, "finish that sandwich and come up stairs to the room” once she's left the room I shudder. Why am I with her? She doesn't make me happy, or excited for that matter.

‘Because she’s not your mate!' My wolf yells at me,

‘Well duh!’ I tell him back.

(Sam’s POV)

The little run in with John went so wonderfully! -note my sarcasm. Flynn came over to see what was wrong, he straight away faced John who was now looking at Flynn in a threatening way. John said a couple of words and then swung at Flynn who dodged it. Flynn punched John in the nose and man was there a lot of blood. We got kicked out of the café for fighting and we are never allowed there again which is sad because I really liked that place.

It is now Kayla’s birthday party, still a day away from her 18th. Nick and Jess gave her there presents first, a big box with a bow on top. When Kayla opened the box all she could do was gape at the huge furry teddy bear sitting inside. She thanked them with hugs.

Haylee and Bella went next. They handed Kayla a small bag and when Kayla opened it she screamed and said, This is perfect, I have been meaning to get this stuff for ages!”

“What is it?” Bayle asked,

“Make-up, Mud mask, nail polish and shampoo and conditioner” she replies excitedly looking at me for some reason.

Jace and Lee went next. Though there present wasn’t something we expected she screamed jumping up and giving both a big bear hug.

“Tickets, TICKETS!” she screams.

“Tickets to what?” Shane asks, cocking an eyebrow.

“VIP to T Swizzle!" We all laugh at her antics, Taylor Swift is her most beloved artist.

Riley and Blaze went next and after Kayla’s little scream fest they seemed pretty damn happy about their present. I was right. Kayla had another scream fest with the tonnes of posters of different bands, singers, actors and actresses. May I add, some were signed.

Shane is next up and the joker he is made us all laugh (except for Kayla, of course) when he gave her a little bag containing: A dog lead and a dog brush. Then he brought out another little bag and said “That was only a joke Kayla, put a smile on that beautiful face of yours and open this one”. Kayla grabs the bag and all we see is her face soften as she looks into the bag and reads, “Best mate” then she pulls out a matching teddy of the giant one except this one is holding a heart that says ‘Best Mate’ and around its neck is a sparkling bracelet. A chorus of awhs ring thought the room and Kayla side hugs Shane.

“Okay, now. Kayla us three have put together a little something” I point to Steph, Flynn and myself. We all hand her the gifts. And as she opens the one labled First I can’t hold still.

A rectangular box comes into view and when she opens it a sweet frown plays across her face, inside is a whole bunch of photos. She moves onto the next present and finds a couple of custom made photo frames, each with words written on them, Pack, Family, Friends and lastly Sisters. I had already taken the liberty of putting photos of Kayla and I in the Sisters one, but she can do the rest how she seems fit. In the last present labeled Third is a photo album for all of the left over photos in the box.

"This is so sweet, thank you guys" she gives me a side hug and pats Flynn on the knee mumbling another thank you to him.

Last of all is Baylee's present. He stands up with a dark blush flushing his tanned cheeks and hands her the little wrapped box. She takes it with a smile, rips off the wrapping and flips open the box. She gasps, inside is a necklace, the band made of black, almost leather like, material and a beautifully designed dog tag attached. Her name is etched elegantly into it along with vines and small flowers. "It's specifically made for wolves, the band streches when you shift" Kayla looks up at him from her gift with her mouth open and wide eyes.

"Baylee this is goregous"

"Thankyou" Kayla stands up and practically throws herself into Baylee's arms, he catches her and though it was a public hug I still feel like I have walked in on a private moment so I avert my eyes.

"Thank you so much everyone, I'm so lucky to have all of you! I love all of your gifts!"

#*#*#