~Chapter 25~

(Kayla’s POV)

Hot water streams off my shoulders and steam invades my lungs, calming my excitement. Today is my 18th birthday! Beginning today I can officially start looking for my mate! My wolf howls with happiness from within me.

On a completely random note, yesterday after I opened my presents, we all went for a run. It was such a beautiful day so the run was absolutely stunning with the sun shining through the bright green leaves and the other animals fluttering around us.

I turn off the shower and get out to dry off when my eye catches on what I have to wear today hanging from a hook. Sam bought me a dress for my birthday lunch and it is gorgeous. It’s purple and has a silver studded band around the torso, below the band the skirt flows out and reachs just to the top of my knees.

A knock rings out from behind the door, “who is it?” I ask.

“It's only me” Sam replies, "Can I come in?”

“Yeah it's open” before I know it, all 6 girls flood the bathroom. “Whoa. Okay? What the hell is going on?” I question, tightening the towel around me.

“We're giving you a birthday make-over” says Jess.

“Yes, and you are going to look even more beautiful then you already are” Sam chirps.

“Okay...Why?”

“Because we can” Riley says firmly, "plus it's your birthday!" I nod in reply.

After about an hour or so I've had my face mud-masked and make-upped. My hair blow dried, straightened and curled to perfection and I have got my dress on and silver high heels (that Steph got me) on too. Now all that’s left is to put the silver earrings, necklace, anklet and bracelets that the other girls got for me on too. And I'm ready to go out and eat; after the long morning I've had, I could eat a whole cow.

We make our way down stairs to look for the boys, “Where are they?”

“They told us that they will meet us there because they need to-” Sam hesitates.

"..do something" Steph finishes.

(Sam’s POV)

The boys didn’t actually give me an answer, they just said they had to get something from some place and then they ran out the door. I tried asking the other girls where they were and they acted just as strange. Something is defiantly going on.

I grab a set of car keys form the key bowl (there are like 50 car keys in there) and set off towards the garage with the girls in tow. We enter the garage and flick on the light. Holy crap, did you want a car or two Flynn? I've counted them before and all up he has 10 vehicles, what does he need them for? One for everyday of the week plus spares? I press the unlock button and watch for which cars lights flare up. Lucky for us, the big 7 seater flashes it headlights and we all pile in.

~~~

*At the restaurant*

(Baylee’s POV)

The boys and I clamor around a large table decked with ballons and confetti for Kayla's birthday. Our loud chattering drawing some rather disgruntled stares from other customers. After what seems like hours the door to the restaurant opens with a squeaky groan and the girls stroll in in all there fabulous glory, giggling and talking just as loud as us boys were. I scan the group that is making there way over to us. That's when I feel a white hot flutter in my chest and see nothing but one girl. She’s in a beautiful dress with the necklace I bought her sitting perfecly around her neck. She is looking around the table, probably scanning all of the smiling faces I'm sitting with, but that doesn't matter to me right now. I find myself staggering helplessly to my feet, my hands bearly catching at a chair to right myself. My eyes never left her own distracted ones.

That's when she finally looks me in the eye. Everything possible disappears, the endless noise of my surroundings, the restaurant, the time. Everything but her. I smell her scent lacing the air as if someone had just sprayed extreme amounts of perfume. I hear her heart beat hammering, then it staggers until it seems match the beat of my own. Right then and there, as my surroundings begin to shrink back to reality do I understand what has happened. Kayla Jones is my Mate.

(Kayla’s POV)

Sam opens the door to the restaurant and it gives off a dissatisfied, squeaky groan. "I thought this place was fancy, and look, the door creeks!” Riley cries, disappointedly shaking her head. We all giggle and make our way over to the largest table in the room. I scan all of the happy, smiling faces watching us make our way over to them. I feel eyes watching me intensely, a burning sensation flutters through my chest. Out of the corner of my eye Baylee staggers to his feet, catching himself on the chair in front of him. I look into his bright, piercing eyes and everything around me ceases to exist. The noise of a bustling restaurant makes way for the sound of a beating heart that seems to match itself to my own. I don't have to wait long before I realise what's happened, Baylee Butcher is my mate.

#*#*#

Kayla and Baylee are mates! Did you guess it? I've had this section planned since the start and they're finally together!

Anywho... hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Love yas xx