~Chapter 20~

(Sam’s POV)

*2 days later*

Har Har, you can’t catch me. I’m too fast for yooou!’ I tease then poke my big sloppy wolfs tongue out at everyone. We are having a fun game of tiggy and they're all trying to gang up on me but they can't seem to catch me. ‘HAHA! Come and get me’ I say to them and place myself in a defensive stance.

Out of nowhere, I'm knocked to the ground by a wolf that's slightly smaller in size than I am. The wolf is black with white on its ears, tail, paws and a patch around its eye.

‘Who are you and why are you attacking these wolves?!' he yells into my head. I get off the ground and look directly into his eyes. I sense the other wolves moving around behind me.

‘I was not attacking these wolves! They are my pack members and we were playing tag, thank-you very much’ Shane and Baylee walk over to my flanks then Blaze flanks Shane and Nick flanks Baylee. Their stances reeking of protection.

‘Oh well i apolgise ma’am. I didn’t mean to knock you over, I was just trying to help them’ he nods over at my pack.

‘Well that’s quite alright, just don’t do it again’ I tell him shrinking down alittle from my Alpha size.

He lifts a paw towards me, ‘the names Flynn Dawningson and what is yours ma’ lady?’ He asks.

‘Samantha Smith, please, call me Sam,’ I tell him. 'So, if you're an Alpha, where is your pack?' I ask softly, maybe he will extend his kindness and give us hot showers.

‘Come with me, you seem like you need a place to stay. I'll show you to my house’ he says and starts running the way I'm guessing is to his pack house. We get there in no longer then 5 minutes and when we push through into the clearing I'm blown away at the magnificent beauty. In the middle of the clearing is a huge 4 story white and black house that has a big fountain out the front, the grass is fake and the fish in the fountain are only goldfish but everything comes together perfectly, making it look almost magial.

‘Wow, your house is like WOW!' I hear Baylee say behind me. We're all too gob smacked to agree.

‘Yes it is, isn't it? The bonus is, it didn’t cost much to build’ he says, ‘it was pretty much in between 1 million and 1.5 million dollars altogether’ I gape at him and I'm guessing most of the guys and girls are too.

‘You're pulling our lead, aren’t you?' I ask him.

He looks at me, 'of course I'm not, where’s your pack house?’ He asks, my wolfs face drops, we don’t have a pack house.

‘We don’t have one, we left our pack a few days ago’ he looks at the ground then looks up at me with eyes full of sincerity.

‘I'm very sorry' he pauses, 'why did you leave your pack?’ Now it's my turn to look away but I don’t dare look back up.

‘Reasons I can't exclose, sorry but it hurts to talk about it’ I tell him and he nods in understanding.

‘Hey, where is your pack man?’ Jace asks.

‘Oh erm' he hesitates, 'I don’t have one. I ran away from my pack a few years back and came here to live and be free’

‘Oh. Wait, how did you get the money to build this then?’ I ask nudging my nose toward the structure.

‘Well, I'm the betas-no, sorry- I was the betas son" I watch his wolfish gaze escape him, as if remembering his old pack life. "I inherited heaps of money from him' his wolfs shoulders rise and fall in a shrugging form, his eyes dancing back to reality.

‘Oh, that explains things’ Baylee says and we all chuckle in agreement.

‘Sam, you and your pack are welcome to stay for a while, maybe we could combine as a pack? I have the house, you have the wolves. It's perfect’ Flynn tells me as politely as possible.

‘Of course, that would be very kind of you. I'll have to run through a few pack things then won't we?’

#*#*#

You are such beautiful souls, thankyou