20%

SHE DIDN'T know how she got home, or even know how George did either. She sure as hell didn't carry him. She couldn't even remember when she ended her conversation with Kronos.

All she knew, was that she was lying somewhere on the floor of the living area, and it was early morn. The larks outside chirped, blissfully unaware of the terror that lied within the young Juliet.

She peeled her sore eyes open slowly, blinking as she adjusted to the soft pastel light leaking through the window. To her right was George, on the floor in a sprawl, his mouth slightly ajar as he slept. His strong brow was furrowed in a stressful like expression, his slumber seeming anything but peaceful.

Juliet whined as she reached out to touch him but found herself retrained, tethered by an invisible chain, to an invisible anchor. She writhed and cried out, hoping one of the boys could hear, and come to her rescue.

"One more thing before you drift off into the sunset," Juliet heard the voice of Kronos and screamed as hard as she could, her high pitched cry for help bouncing across the walls, reverberating in her ears. Her lungs burned with desperation, and she hoped John, Paul, or Ringo could hear her.

But Kronos enchanted all four Beatles, all four of them unable to wake until he had left.

"Ah ah ah! No screaming!" Kronos taunted Juliet, waving a finger in before her eyes, using his telekinesis to force her up into a sitting position.

"If you even so much as kiss the renowned guitarist of yours, you'll experience pain of supernatural potency. He must marry that slut Boyd and create those songs of love! It was fate's design, and a lonely girl from Westminster isn't about to change it!" Kronos said viciously into her face, his breath reeking of hot tamales candies.

Juliet nodded, understanding the new terms of their deal. But I can still touch him, right?

"You can touch him alright, but no monkey business that can deal your fate forever in this era." Kronos answered the frightened girl and she flinched violently.

"Now, today is a very good day to go ring shopping. Go to London, Brighton, Bristol. Wherever. Find that ring." Kronos whispered harshly into her ear, then spun on his heel and waved his staff around.

"Because you don't want to find out my or else." The God of time disappeared with a wisp of red smoke, and the tether on Juliet was released.

She breathed heavily, as she saw George's eyes fly open with terror. He crawled over to his faux girlfriend and embraced her in an airtight grip. Juliet held him in a vice grip, and George brought up a gentle hand to stroke her hair to relax the two of them.

"I'm so sorry, George. I told you he was going to get me, Kronos. I have to leave... I don't want to risk losing you." She said woefully, closing her eyes tightly and blinking away white hot tears.

George shook his head, speaking in a hoarse but steady voice. Hearing his own voice in his ears made him relax slightly, the last thing he remembered from last night was his voice being stolen from him and the unimaginable pain in his throat.

"No way. He's a psycho, love. And it's my duty to protect you. We're in this together, and we're gonna find tha' ring and send ya back in a jiff." George attempted to console the bird in his arms but failed miserably.

Juliet noticed the claw marks on his throat and winced violently, she was already putting him in too much danger by being around him, much less touching him.

"I can't touch you... Kronos said it would affect the future too greatly. George, this won't work. It can't. We can't even pretend to be together, because I know we'll fall for each other." She wept softly, her hot tears being brushed away tenderly by the young Beatle.

His eyes narrowed but then softened, and his lip quivered.

"In spite of all the danger that may be in me path, I'll do anything for you. I... I'm falling for ya, Juliet. The time we have together is limited but I'm making it count. Right up until we send you home, I'll protect you from all that Kronos sends yer way." George said to Juliet strongly, his voice husky with tears.

Being without his angel seemed like a supernatural feat, he couldn't imagine a life that didn't involve her. She was changing him, she was changing all of them. Maybe Juliet was meant to be tossed back in time to save the boys from themselves.

"You can't promise that, George. You can't promise safety. You can't promise me I'll be okay. Because I won't. And I will never be."