28

Erika's POV

Me and Ethan were running through the forest at high speeds. I cant believe we are doing this all for Elena. If it was any other female in the group, no one would care about ms alpha female, but she gets all of the attention. I scoffed out loud at my thoughts and that got me a dirty look form Ethan. I just rolled my eyes and kept running until we saw a table sitting in the middle of the woods.

I nudged Ethan as we ran and pointed to it, he nodded and we came to a stop there. I was very confused what we were doing there until I saw a note laying on the table. Ethan picked it up and read it out loud.

Ethan's POV

"Now what's a werewolf's worst weakness? I know! wolfsbane. If you look at the table there is a cup of water that is laced with wolfsbane. You want your alpha female back? One of you must drink up or you will never find her. Xoxo" I was shocked at what I just read.

"They want one of us to kill ourselves?!" Erika seethed. "They want one of us to die just so we can get Grayson's precious little Elena back?! No fuck this! I never wanted to do this anyways!" She was snarling after practically every word.

"You know what Erika?!" I was pissed now too "I will drink the fucking wolfsbane because you know what? Unlike you I care about people besides myself! I know you are jealous of her just because she got Grayson and you didn't, but I would think you would still want him to be happy!" I felt my claws on my hands tearing into my palms as I clenched my fist together.

"Ethan you don't fucking understand okay! Grayson was the only thing I ever wanted and she just waltzed right up into our pack and snagged him with no effort! I deserve to be his mate!" She yelled back.

"Erika it was the great Luna who choose Elena for Grayson! And seeing my brother happy is something I haven't seen since bailey was around, and Elena makes him even happier! You think I want to die?! I have a mate now Erika! Jen is my life! She is the reason why I breath air! Fuck you Erika!" I yelled.

I grabbed the cup and chugged down the wolfsbane in seconds. I immediately felt the burn, but I didn't care, it just felt like whiskey going down. Her eyes were wide as I started to crumble to the ground and she frantically tried to help me. I could hear her mumbling things under her breath, but I couldn't focus on anything except the pain filling my insides. As the realization that I was going to die hit me, I frantically started replaying every memory I have ever had with Jen or my brother through my head. The pain was gone now and I couldn't help but smile as my life flashed through my head. Every happy moment, every sad moment, it all meant so much to me. I couldn't be more thankful to die knowing that Jen loves me, that I got to kiss her and be her mate.

Erika's POV

Oh no. Grayson will never forgive me letting his brother die. Ethan was laying o the ground and he had a smile on his face, I don't know why, but he was smiling. Tears ran down his cheek and the thing is that those weren't sad tears, they were happy ones. I thought about Jen, she is going to rip my face apart when she finds out. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood up and back away from him until I hit a tree. I was completely paralyzed. His last words were "fuck you Erika" Jesus Christ I am the reason for this.

He was still alive, but he looked like he was reliving images in his head, so I didn't disturb him. It was silent until I heard crashing as I looked up to see Jen sprinting as fast as she can over here. 

Jen's POV

Why is he laying in the ground. He's not dead, maybe he is just taking a nap. I sprinted as fast as I could over to him and dropped to my knees. He was dying. I saw the note on the ground and saw the empty cup next to his hand. No no no. I cupped his face and made him look at me, he had a small smile on his face and little tears on his cheeks.