1

I must have been dreaming, i couldn't have just heard those words leave Donnies lips. My head was spinning, surely the one glass of champagne hadn't made me hallucinate the whole thing. I was confused i should have known exactly how i felt when i Donnie said he wanted me back but i was just numb. I didnt know if i even loved him except i did and i do. Donnie had opened my eyes to a world i had never known existed, Donnie had shown me what real love was. I had felt safe and content with him, our life together had been predictable and some would say easy up until the baby issue reared its head. I hadn't been prepared for a run in with Donnie i defiantly wasn't prepared for the reaction he had when he saw me with Johnny. Donnie had recently got engaged to one of his teams cheerleaders he had no right to judge me for moving on.

I tried to get angry but the anger never came, i walked to my hotel room and waited for the fury to hit me but it never did. I really didnt know what to feel other than confusion, i hated that i couldn't just brush Donnie under the carpet. i was actually debating whether to go track Donnie down and seeing if he meant it, i wanted to know if it was a drunken outburst or if there was truth behind his words. In a perfect word his words whether true or not shouldn't have had any effect on me, i was in a happy relationship with Johnny and that should have been enough to make me brush off Donnies words. I was kicked off my shoes and took them in my hands as i ran back to my room, my heart was pounding through my chest.

I may not have been angered by Donnies words but his behaviour towards Johnny had been unforgivable, when Johnny left the reception i could see blood on his lip. I felt utterly guilty he had come with me to the wedding with the promise that we would have a great time , i hadn't kept my promise. I ran in our room and saw Johnny sat on the small sofa with a tumbler of brown liquor in one hand and an ice pack in the other. I quickly scanned his injuries, i could see the start of a black eye, his lip was swollen and cut. Somehow he looked even more sexy. damn my overactive sex drive i should be checking he's ok not just checking him out.

I walked over to him gingerly i was almost too scared to touch him, i closed my eyes i wouldn't look at the mess i had caused. Johnny took my hand and held it against his chest, i could feel the thumping of his heart under my fingers.

"i love you em, don't worry" Johnny said kindly as thought he was reading my mind.

Johnny had a real talent for reading me , he seemed to know me better than i knew myself. " im so sorry, i was told he wasn't here, i never dreamed he would act like that"  the tears were forming in my eyes.

Johnny cupped my jaw and made me look at him, "i heard he was engaged"

"he is, his dad told me" i hoped for her sake his fiancé wasn't there to see that scene , i could only imagine how humiliating that would be.

"Im a hot blooded man myself but i can honestly say i would not lose it like that over seeing my ex with someone, especially if i had a partner myself. Its fucked up" johnny was drinking from his glass, he looked just as confused as i was.

"Poor girls a rebound it seems" Johnny said quietly.

"Ill have to ask Will if she was there to see the spectacle" i said as i took the ice from johnny, his eye really did look a mess. I held the ice gently against him, he flinched as i pressed a little. I didn't need to ask him if it had hurt , it was obvious that it had.

"They usually say that the first after a serious relationship is a rebound" Johnny remarked.

I actually didn't think the girl was a rebound I just thought he wanted kids so desperately he had latched on to the first person who was agreeable. Johnny was looking at me for a comment , "yeah" I replied absently.

"Was I your first after him, am I your rebound" Johnny asked taking me by surprise. I couldn't believe that he could think that for a moment, I loved him. Johnny was too special to be anyone's rebound. I stared at him unsure what to say, I noticed the unshed tears in his eyes.