32

It had been 10 days, 17 hours and 43 minutes since I had escaped the evil clutches of my father and I was making a statement to the public. There had been thousands of comments across my social media wishing me a speedy recovery. They're had been many well wishes that had reached out to Donnie while I was in captivity. It was truly touched by the all the love I had received.

I had told Donnie that I wanted to make a video statement so I could personally thank everyone. Donnie had argued that I was too weak but I couldn't stay in the shadows forever.

I hadn't been back to my house since I had been taken. I was living with Donnie at least for the time being. My publicist had hired a crew to film my statement, I had been happy to just film it on my webcam.

The blue bruising that ha covered my face was now mostly yellow, I didn't cover it it make up. I let the world see the real me, I wanted people to see what had happened to me.

The lights were on and almost blinding. I held roxy on my lap and stroked her, I hadn't let her go since the moment we were reunited. I was happy to find out that Donnie had found my puppy only a few hours after I had been taken.

"Are you ready" the large man behind the camera was staring at me waiting for an answer.

I told him I was and the camera starting rolling.

I looked in the camera and spoke as confidently as I could 

"hi, I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have wished me well. Your support has gotten me through this life changing event. As you all know I was attacked and kept against my will. There has been many rumours about the who's and whys and I would like the answers to come from me"

I took a deep breath and continued "the who's is an easy one, I was taken by my father and his partner Magda. I use the word father loosely, he had not been my father in years. He had left when I was only a child, he had left my mother and me penniless. I was happy to be penniless if it meant he couldn't put his hands on her again, he would beat her till she looked unrecognisable. I would have lived on the street if it meant that vile man was out of our life. My father was a drug addict, he would do anything for a quick score. When he realised who I was and that I had money he saw dollar signs. He knew I despised him and would never give him a penny"

Tears were flowing freely down my face, I wiped them away and finished my story " he had to be creative, he came up with the idea of kidnapping me. Apparently it took months of planning, when the police searched his house they found plans and folders full of information about me. There was everything from clips from magazines to photos of my home. My father managed to get in my home through sheer luck, it turns out the lock hadn't been changed since 1990 so he had no trouble picking it. He had watched me through my closet and waited for his time to strike. I had been working out that's when he hit my head from behind and I blacked out"

Emotion overcame me and I couldn't hold back the tears, Donnie came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He had been a big support to me. With his arms around me I could do anything including telling my story. I looked back at the screen. "I woke up in a damp, dark room with my feet and arms bound. I didn't know where I was, all I knew was that I was in danger. I wasn't fed that whole day, neither was I aloud to use the bathroom. When someone finally came to me they gave me a bucket to relieve myself in, it was humiliating. As you can see by my face I was beaten, and it hurt. Fu... I mean God it hurt. I just wanted the pain to go away. Madga told me that I was being held for ransom, I told myself that I would rather die that her get a dime . It wasn't until I was bundled into the trunk of a car that I learnt that my father was involved. My blood ran cold, I knew I was in danger. I managed to escape while the car was moving and in the face of danger I fought and I won. "

I looked at Donnie and held his hand "in alive and safe because of the New Mexico police and I'm happy in life because of Donnie and all my fans. I appreciate you all so much. There's one thing I want to say, when you see a bleeding woman running down the high way with two people chasing after her at least call the police. Don't just drive by and gawp at her. I understand you may be afraid for your own life so I can understand that no one stopped, but when I came around and found that not once did 911 get a call it makes me feel disgusted. It was only on the of chance that a cruiser was on that stretch of road. If they hadn't saved me I may not be sitting here now, I owe them my life. I would like to donate 1 million dollars to the New Mexico police department."

Donnie squeezed my hand, his support and love was all I ever needed in life. I asked for the taping to be stopped and to be put online without editing. I wanted it to be real and raw because life is real and raw, you can't edit your life. It doesn't work like that, you can't pick and choose what's true and what's not. You can only make the best out of every situation.