26

It had taken 3 long weeks for the press to finally get bored with with the whole proposal story. I had grown tired of the questions after the 1st day, Donnie had been asked about one of the rumours in an interview and he simply stood up and left. I had received a call from Johnny's mum the day after I had returned to LA, it was hard to hear her so upset. Ann had apologised for her sons behaviour and explained she was worried about him. In all honesty I was worried too. I was happy that I didn't start work for another month because I wouldn't be able to concentrate.

The worst thing had happened the night of the tv awards. 4 months after the Tiffany scene.

I had dressed in a floor length dusty pink gown that's had intricate lace detail and the sides and across the bust. My hair hung down my back in big curls with a large diamond clip that I had fallen in love with. It was just a hire but I was seriously considering splashing out on it.

Donnie had accompanied me to the event , he looked handsome as always in a dark blue suit. The sight of him had me licking my lips. We had walked down the red carpet and had been photographed from every angle possible. We had been asked about Johnny like we had expected but we just dodged the questions. It wasn't until someone asked if I had seen his latest tattoo that they finally had my attention.

"Why would I have seen his tattoo, Johnny and I are not in contact and haven't been for a long time" instead of being annoyed my his question I was intrigued. I wondered what johnnys tattoo had to do with me. The reporter pulled his phone from his pocket and turned the screen to me.

I stared at the screen for what seemed like an eternity, Donnie had gone stiff beside me, he had let go of my hand and was simply stood rigid. I didn't have to look at him to see that he was mad. I should have been mad but I was stunned by what I was seeing.

Finally when I had regained my ability to speak I looked at the reporter in confusion "that's me"

"Yes Johnny posted this photo ten minutes ago, he says he needs his queen close to his heart" the reporter looked at Donnie and grimaced, he was obviously worried that my date would kick off.

I looked again at the tattoo, I couldn't get my mind around it. The tattoo was of me, the photo it was based on I remembered clearly. It was the photo the band had used for the cover of their last album. I was dressed in nothing but sky high black heels and a blanket to cover my modesty. I had just fucked hair and a seductive smile on my face.

I thought back to when that photo had been taken, Johnny and I had been on set shooting photos for the bands album cover, they had liked the idea of me covered in a sheet but when the photos were viewed the photographer insisted something was missing. While we were waiting for the next round of snaps Johnny and I began kissing, his hands were through my hair as I jumped at him. With a low cough the photographer broke up the kiss and said it was time to shoot, the hair and make up were just coming to sort out my dishevelled look when he told them to stop. Lee the guy with the artistic vision said I looked perfect, my hair was wild and my lipstick was smudged from johnnys attack on my lips. I was told to look at Johnny and tease him with my smile which I did and that's how that beautiful image came to be.

"What do you think about it Emily" the reporter asked bringing me back from my thoughts.

I cleared my thoughts and just spoke freely " it's a wonderful tattoo, which ever artist inked that is truly talented. I would like to point out that tattoos are for life. I'm sure that in the future when Johnny gets married that his wife will not appreciate him having his ex spread across his arm. As for me being his queen, I would roll on the floor laughing if I wasn't in such a wonderful gown. I think it's awfully disrespectful to my boyfriend Donnie to keep being bombarded with questions about my ex who Is no longer part of my life. I won't discuss Johnny again."

Donnie took my hand in his and led me inside the building. His skin was hot, I knew he must have been overwhelmed with anger.

"You answered that well kid" he said as he kissed me. Things between the two of us were still new I just hoped all this attention wouldn't affect us. We had only just become a couple and had even waited 3 months to sleep together, no one could accuse us of rushing things this time.

I just wanted for the whole thing with Johnny to end, we had broken up so long ago it was time he moved on. I had.

Donnie and I would spend most nights at each others home, but things were different this time around. We both appreciated how lucky we were to have a second chance at true love . I wanted nothing more but to make us work, I needed us to work. I loved him, just the thought of him sent shivers down my spine.

I had easily slipped back into the wag lifestyle, I was able to go to all of Donnies weekend games as I didn't work Saturday or Sunday. We would spend the time after in my pool just lavishing in each others company. Things were great, I thought nothing could go wrong but what did I know.