12

I followed buck to the car park where Donnie was stood talking to a fan.

"Emily is coming to eat with us so kept your lips on your face and away from her" buck said as he pointed his finger up at donnies face. Buck was only small but he really knew how to put the fear of God into Donnie.

"Ok, I'll call the car service" Donnie replied.

"It's ok I have my car here, I can drive" I replied.

I got behind the wheel, buck sat in the seat behind mine and Donnie sat by my side. I laughed as he pushed the seat all the way back to accommodate for his super long legs.

"So are we still going to the grill" I asked.

"Yeah, can I put the radio on" Donnie asked.

"Sure " I replied.

Fleetwood mac came on the radio and the 3 of us to sang along, the awkwardness from the morning was starting to slip away. The conversation flowed easily, it was like the 2 years hadn't happened. If buck wouldn't have been there I think the air would have been toxic between Donnie and I. I had to make an effort with him for bucks sake.

We strolled in the restaurant and took a booth by the back. We ordered our food and discussed what buck had been up to.

"My son has been driving me crazy, he found some pills in my closet and he blew a fuse. That boy of mine will have an heart attack if he doesn't calm down" buck complained.

"What pills made him so mad" I asked.

"Viagra"

Donnie spat his beer across the table, I had to bite my lip to stop me from choking.

"What do you need viagra for . It doesn't make you stand straight you know" Donnie joked.

I couldn't hold myself together, I was holding my side I was laughing so hard.
Buck was staring at Donnie, he looked angry that did nothing to suppress my laughter.

"Smart ass, my doctor prescribed viagra so I can get widow Roberts into bed" buck stated calmly.

My eyes must have been like spaceships, I looked over at Donnie and his were screwed shut. He looked like he had just eaten something sour.

I could hardly breath I was laughing that hard.

" widow Roberts, is she the geriatric who lives with her daughter across the road from my dads house" Donnie asked. He was embarrassed his face was bright red.

Buck nodded.

"Do I know widow Roberts" I asked when I was finally able to talk.

"Yeah she brought cake over when June passed away" buck explained.

"I didn't know she was married, when did her husband die" I asked

"He died in in 1974"

"Oh that long ago and she's still called widow Roberts "I asked, I assumed she had recently been widowed.

"Well she is his widow, she never remarried" buck explained.

"God pops don't you think your a little old to get widow Roberts into bed. Wouldn't you break a hip" Donnie joked

I chuckled , I had been thinking the same thing. Our food was served , I hoped this conversation was over. My appetite was already being affected by the thought of their wrinkly bodies together.

"She said the same, plus she hadn't had sex since her husband died. Were going to give it a go when I go home, she if going to see her doctor about the dryness " buck said taking us by surprise. I almost spat out my burger, I was mortified. I could only imagine how awful it must have been for Donnie to hear.