Chapter Thirteen - Shopping, Plans And Feelings

After everything that had happened, Ellie actually felt fine. After all the upset, she had the weekend to forget all about it and her friends were there to help and make her feel okay. She was anxious about returning back to school on Monday as she didn't know how people would react. She didn't want everyone to continue laughing at her. She hoped people would be more interested in what had happened between Cooper, Matt and Claire rather than what Claire had done to her.

Cooper also felt anxious about going back to school. Ellie and Cooper had a long chat about everything that had happened and he was feeling anxious and a bit scared of what Matt would do. He felt he might have a fight waiting for him at school which he didn't want to be involved in. Not just because Matt would definitely win but he was starting to get good grades and his mum was proud. Teachers had begun to trust him and he really didn't want to ruin that. Not in his senior year when the university was on the horizon.

They were both settled by the fact nothing happened when they returned to school. There was no mention of Ellie's name at all. A little of Cooper's name as people were taken by surprise by what he had done for Ellie. People hadn't known of the months of friendship they had before all of this happened. Cooper's 'friends' didn't even look their way and Matt hadn't made any contact with him. Claire and her friends didn't mess with Ellie at all. When they walked by, they pretended they didn't know she was there. Ellie absolutely loved this, she had wanted this since she was six years old.

Nothing changed as the weeks went by. The group had two events coming up. Ellie's birthday, she would finally be eighteen. The second was the dance, something Ellie wasn't really looking forward to. Emily and Summer had decided to go shopping and the boys decided they would go also so they could get suits and good food.

"I don't even know what colour i want" Emily said as she drove us to the shopping centre "I think we should all go short"

"I don't even have an idea" Summer said "If I like what i see I'll get it"

"What about you El?" Emily asked looking in the rear view mirror

"I have no clue, something cheap" Ellie shrugged

"Cheer up" Summer said "We can stuff for your birthday too"

"What are we doing for my birthday?" Ellie asked

"We'll talk about it later" she said

"Whatever" Ellie grumbled

"She's so grumpy today" Emily laughed

Once they arrived at the shopping centre, Emily and Summer dragged Ellie to every shop in the place and Ellie was becoming irritated. Three hours passed and they still haven't found what they were looking for. All the dresses were either too expensive, too small, too big or too ugly.

"I need a seat" Summer said

"We need to find dresses" Emily said

"What about that shop?" Ellie asked

"Ellie no, that shop looks worse than a charity shop" Emily said

"You never know" Ellie said walking towards it with a grin

"Ellie no" Emily frowned

"Emily, we are going in there," Summer said following Ellie

The shop was so quiet and only had an elderly woman working the till but it was a huge surprise. The dresses in here were a third of the price of any of the other shops and there wasn't anything wrong with them. Emily complained so much about being in the shop but Ellie didn't see the problem. She knew Emily would get into it eventually. They stayed in the shop for a good hour. The elderly woman, whose name was Madge, began helping the girls and handing them dresses into the changing rooms. Emily got really into it as the dresses began to get much prettier as we searched the shop.