MINE!(DKXFM)

They'er in high school btw

I've had a crush on Matt for about a year, and I didn't do to much of a good job hiding it because everyone eventually found out about it a month in. I found him in the hallway making out with Dylan and cried for a good week. And of course, coming to school everyday with red eyes is going to concern them. At the end of the day Johnny came up to me asked about it, and I broke down in his arms.

Over time the massage just spread around and Matt ended up being the last one to know about it. I wasn't the one who told him, (Thank God) but I could tell he knew about it just by the way he looked at me. If he even would. Most of the time he just stared at the floor and would hold onto Dylan, like I would take him away or something.

He only acted different when I was around because I over heard them talking and he wasn't as quiet as he is around me so, it was pretty obvious.

Dylan's attitude toward me also changed when he figured it out. Kissing him all the time, not just a cute peck on the cheek every now and then, it was obsessive. And would be annoying to anyone that sat and talked to them for five minutes.

Not to mention the fact that they are inseparable. There's like a one and a billion chance that you'll find one, but not the other.

After almost a year of putting up with this, I texted Matt and asked if we could talk alone. I don't even care about him and Dylan being together, I got over that pretty quick. I just don't like that fact that he acts differently around me, and most of the time doesn't talk.

I sat at a bench in the front of the school, and waited for him like I said I would. After a while I figured he wasn't coming and pulled out my phone to pass some time. He would always ditch me and say that he had plans with Dylan or something like that. So I give him a few more minutes. I didn't notice  that he was here until I heard him call my name.

He was standing behind the bench and, like usual, was trying to be as far away from me as possible without it being noticeable.

"Hey," I said turning off my phone and sighing, "guess I should just cut too the chase uh." I looked down and paused for a second, before going back to what I was saying.

"I know that you've been avoiding me... I just don't want the fact that I like you to be what divides us as friends..."

He looked down, avoiding my eyes for what seemed like the 50th time that month, and didn't respond.

"Matt... Please look at me..."

He hesitantly did and replied with, "I only really did that because I knew Dylan wouldn't like it. So I figured just staying away from you would make him  feel better..." He sat down next to me with his hands in his lap and just stared at them while he talked. But when he finished he looked up at me with sad eyes that soon turned into tears ones as he whispered, "I'm so sorry," and pulled me in for a hug, witch I didn't refuse.

I sat there and comforted him until he stopped crying. Witch at one point lead to him sitting on my lap and crying in my chest, I knew if Dylan came out and saw it he would lose his shit, but he looked so genuinely sad that I couldn't bring myself to move him off of me.

We must of sat there for about an hour before we saw Dylan and Charlie walking up to us and quickly separated before they could see anything.