Chapter 25

Zylanne Cher's Point of View:

Nang makauwi kami sa bahay, panay ang iyak ni Miah. It's making me uncomfortable. I felt guilty. I should have listened to her when she told me to stop him, right?

"Here. Uminom ka muna ng tubig."Damon offered her a glass of water.

She looked up and they exchanged smiles.

"Thanks."

"Miah. I'm so sorry."I apologized for the nth time.

"Cher, stop thinking like it's all your fault. I understand why you did that."she said making me teary-eyed.

Earlier that afternoon, Dyll went rushing to see me. Just like the trying-to-be-romantic Dyll, he brought me chocolates and pizza.

"Hindi ka na dapat nag-abala. Wala naman akong ganang kumain ngayon eh."wika ko sa kanya.

"I know. But I'm here... to tell you that you have all the reason to eat and do everything you want right now."

Kinunutan ko siya ng noo. Out of sudden, he kissed the brink of my nose.

"Babe, inatras niya ang kaso."

What? Why didn't dad know first about this? Probably, he's just trying to cheer me up.

"You don't have to lie to make me smile, Dyll---"

"I wasn't lying. Dad talked to him and his father. I really don't know how it happened but when he got home, he brought me the good news."

Oh my God. From Hans' story, he made it very clear to me that they're not close. They have this aloof relationship of a father and son. I knew it. He persuaded his  father to do it because he's one of the most influential persons in the country. Knowing he hated him, he choked the pride to save  me. As a gesture of gratitude, niyakap ko siya.

"Babe."

"Thank you, Dyll."

"No babe. I didn't do anything."he whispered.

I know he'd say that.

I've known enough about you, Dyll. But I can't let you know that I do.

"How about we go dowstairs and join your friends?"nakangiting suhestiyon niya.

"That sounds really right."

Nadatnan namin sa sitting room sina Ember at Miah na nakikipag-usap kay Damon. Panay pa ang tawanan nilang tatlo.

"Hey, Dyll. Why wouldn't you go and tell dad?"

"He'll know by now."

Lalapit na sana kami sa kanila nang tumunog ang phone ko. Oh? It's Fear.

"Dyll, can I answer this call?"paalam ko sa kanya.

"Is that a guy?"he asked, frowning.

"I'm afraid, yes."

"Then, it's a no."nakataas ang kilay na tugon niya.

Tinaasan ko rin siya ng kilay.

"What made you think I'll listen to you, jerk?"I teased and stuck out my tongue to annoy him.

"Hello, bff!"

"Hmm? You sound cheerful? Babyface, can I see you for a while? I'm outside your house."

What? Napalingon ako kay Dyll  na nakatingin ng masama sa'kin ngayon.

"Coming."I muttered to Fear.

"Where are you going babe?"naniningkit ang matang pigil niya sa'kin nang akmang lalabas na ako.

Hindi ko sinadyang mapalingon sa tatlong nag-uusap sa sofa. Nakatingin silang tatlo sa'min.