Midnight

Rileys POV
It was Sunday night, I was doing homework when I heard a knock on my window. Maya. I get up and open the window to let her in.
Maya - Homework?
Riley - Yes. Something you should be doing
Maya - already done.
She hands me her English assignment. All completed
Maya - listen I'm staying the night
Riley - Maya. It's sunday, why do you have to do this on school nights?
Maya - I'm just going to be gone for a couple of hours. I'll be back by midnight I promise
Maya always does this. When she says she's staying the night at my house, she really means that she's going out with some guy to have sex.
Riley - Why do you do this to me
Maya - look you say that you're okay with this as long as I tell you where I'm going and who I'm with.
Riley - Who is it this time?
Maya - Jack.
Riley - Seriously? Maya he's bad news
Maya - I'll be fine. Don't wait up on me okay. I love you.
She crawls out of my room and into the dark she goes. Whenever she does this, and she tells me to not wait up, I do. It's like I can't sleep if she's not here. So I wait up for her, but I guess I end up falling asleep because before I knew it, my alarm goes off for school. I wake up, look around and notice Mayas not here. She probably went back home to change, so I get ready for school. I was late to first period waiting for Maya. She never leaves without me, so I thought she was running late. Before I knew it, school had begun and she wasn't here. So I leave without her. I get into first period, homeroom, and notice that Maya's not there.
Mr. Mathews - Why are you late?
Where the hell is Maya?
Riley - Sorry, dad I woke up late.
Mr. Mathews - Where's Maya?
I have no idea. But I couldn't let him know that so I lie.
Riley - She was feeling sick today so she stayed home.
Farkle - That means she's drunk.
Riley - You don't know anything Farkle.
Mr. Mathews - Guys stop. Riley take your seat.
As I sit down I say to Farkle
Riley - She doesn't even drink anymore.
Farkle - Sure.
Dad was talking about senior projects, graduation, college, and some other things. But I was distracted. Where the hell is Maya?