Are you okay?

School ends and Maya and I go straight home. We get there and mom is sitting on the couch, she looked sad.
Riley - Hi mom
Topanga - Riley, honey, hi.
Maya - Are you okay?
Topanga - Yes honey I'm fine.
Maya - Your husband was a little rough on us today, we didn't even do anything wrong.
Topanga - Riley, why did you skip two periods?
Riley - I wasn't feeling very well. It won't happen again.
Topanga - I'm going to go make dinner now.
She stands up and goes to the kitchen. Maya and I look at each other and go to my bedroom.
Maya - Your parents are acting strange
Riley - I know. I wonder why
Maya - Maybe they're getting a divorced
Riley - Maya!
Maya - It was a joke. They're Cory and Topanga, they will always be in love with eachother.
I blank out and remember something that we were supposed to do
Riley - Shit
Maya - What?
Riley - We were supposed to meet the guys at the shop. We haven't even started on the project and it's due next week.
Maya - They can handle it, let's just stay here and relax.
Riley - Hurry up, I'll be waiting
I walk out of my room. Maya and I head straight to my moms shop. Lucas, Farkle, and Zay were waiting for us. And someone else.
Riley - Hi Smackle.
Smackle - Hello Riley.
I look over to Maya, and she put on a brave face.
Maya - Alright so let's get this stupid project done.
Farkle - You don't mind having Smackle here do you?
Riley - It's fine.
Maya - Great.
Zay - Okay, so we did the first part, our parts. We recorded how each of us met each other. You guys can take this home and do it by yourselves.
Farkle - We're now doing one bad memory, and one good memory we had in high school. With each other or with out.
Maya - What's the point in all of this anyway?
Farkle - It seems like Mr. Mathews wants us to re connect
Riley - That is exactly what he's doing.
Maya - It's pointless, we are never going to be friends again. The group of five, is finished. Its history
Lucas - Why do you say that?
Maya - What? That we will never be friends again?
Lucas shakes his head yeah
Maya - Because I will never be friends with Farkle again.
Zay - Why not?
Maya - You know why. You all know exactly why I despise Farkle Mincus.
Zay - You cheated on him too.
Maya - I'm talking about the other thing.
Great. Now that memory of why Maya and Farkle broke up came into my mind. It's a sad story. Really sad.
Smackle - What did you do?
Farkle - It's nothing.
Maya - She doesn't know?
Silence
Maya - Well Smackle, I'll tell you the story.
Farkle - Maya please don't.
Maya - No. You're going to tell her your side, and I'm going to tell her my side, which is the truth. You won't get to sugar coat this.
Riley - Maya, is this really a good idea.
Maya - I'm doing my part for the project. I'm telling everyone about my worst day in my high school career.
It's quiet for a second. Maya looks at Zay, and he turns on the tape recorder, and puts the mic near Maya.