Distracted

Maya and I have first, second, fourth, and last period together. She didn't show up to first or second. I texted her, called her, and no reply. After third period I started asking her friends. Those who she had sexual encounters with, but no one has seen her. I couldn't find jack either. I thought that I saw Maya, by the lockers, so I started to make my way to her. I bumped into someone. I guess I wasn't paying attention to what was around me.  Lucas. Why do I always bump into Lucas.
Riley - Sorry I wasn't looking
Lucas - It's okay. Why are you in a rush?
Riley - I was just.. late to class.
Lucas - School just ended though?
Shit
Riley - I meant my fathers classroom. I was going to walk home with him.
Lucas - Are you okay? You seem.. distracted.
Riley - Im fine thanks.
Lucas - Well let's go.
What was he talking about? I stare at him with a confused face.
Lucas - We were going to go to Topangas.
Silence
Lucas - To start our project for Mr. Mathews class.
When did I agree to this.
Riley - Right. First I have to do something but you go ahead, I will meet you guys over there
I walk away fast, and start heading to Maya house. Maybe she's there.
I was wrong. I searched her house, nothing. Where the hell is she. I look at the time, and I'm late. So I start heading over to my moms shop.
I get there and Zay, Lucas, and Farkle are already there.
Riley - Sorry in late.
Zay - It's okay. Where's Maya?
Riley - She's still sick. She'll join us next time.
Farkle - Right.
I look at Farkle, he looks down.
Lucas - So how should we start this?
Farkle - We can start with our backgrounds. How we meet, the stuff in between, and where we are now.
Lucas - Can we start somewhere else?
Farkle - I don't think there is anything else. Mr. Mathews wants us to present our lives in the past four years. For three, it was just us.
Lucas - Right..
Zay - Riley, what do you think?
I didn't listen to a word they were saying. Where could Maya have gone? She wouldn't have just left me hanging without a call or a text.
Farkle - Riley?
Riley - I'm sorry, what?
Zay - Why are you so distracted?
Riley - I'm sorry guys, I just have a lot on my mind.
Farkle - Is this not a good time to be doing this?
Lucas - We can do this some other day, if you guys want
Riley - Yes please. I have to go but I'll see you guys tomorrow and we'll talk about it okay.
I run out of there