Ive Missed You

Riley - You were right about everything Lucas. I wish i wasn't so stubborn and just listened to you.
Lucas - Its okay Riley. The important thing is that now you know.
Lucass phone starts to ring, he picks it up and answers it.
Okay, slow down.

Slow down, where are you?

okay I'm on my way.

Lucas - We have to go.
Riley - Whats going on?
Lucas - My dad found Maddie
We get in Lucass car and start to drive, i don't know where exactly.
Riley - Do you want me to drive? You are very shaken up Lucas
Lucas - No its okay.
Riley - I didn't know your dad was still looking for Madison
Lucas - He comes home during the week, for work, then goes to different places and towns trying to look for her.
Riley - Are they home?
Lucas - yeah, he sounded scared though.
We drive for a couple of minutes and get to Lucass apartment complex. we walk in and Lucass father was sitting down in the kitchen table.
Lucas - Where is she?
Maddison - I'm right here
She comes out of he hallway and we are all so shocked at what we see. I look over at Lucas and he is just as surprised as I am.
Maddison - I've missed you brother
She runs up to Lucas and hugs him, her baby bump in the way. Yup. Baby bump.
Lucas - You're fat right?
Maddison - I wish
Lucas - You're pregnant?
Maddison - I am
Riley - Is that why you "ran away"
Maddison - I didn't run away...
Lucas - We thought someone took you, we thought you got kidnapped. We haven't talked to you in weeks. Do you think that's okay? Do you think it's okay to not let us know that you were okay?
Maddison - Can I explain?
Lucas - Please. Because I do not get anything anymore.
Lucas takes my hand and we sit down on the couch. Maddison comes and takes a seat and Lucas's dad is still sitting down at the kitchen table
Maddison - I did leave because I was pregnant.
Lucas - Why?
Maddison - because I didn't want to be pregnant.
Lucas - You we're going to get an abortion?
Maddison - Yes.
Riley - well you obviously still are so What happened?
Maddison - I thought I got my period. Turns out, blood comes out sometimes but that doesn't mean it's your period. The baby's father soon found out and came looking for me.
Lucas - Who's the father?
Maddison - He goes to my school. He's name is John. Anyway, he found out and found me. He told me he wanted to keep the baby. I was still in shock that I was pregnant. I had some time to think about becoming a mom. John and I spent some time together at Day cares, pre school, clinics. And I realized that it might not be so bad, having a baby.
Lucas - Why wouldn't you come home?
Maddison - I was scared of what you and dad might think. You guys mean the world to me, I didn't want to be a disappointment.
Riley - That still doesn't explain why we found your phone at that creepy closed down carnival in Canada.
Maddison - I knew that place from the internet so I went there, that was when John found me. He told me to spend some time with him, just him and I. Get to know eachother more. I dropped my phone and forgot about it.
We are all quiet. I didn't know what Lucas was thinking, but I sure do know what I was thinking. How can she be so okay with this?
Maddison - I am really sorry I didn't call or text or anything. I was scared.
Riley - You are selfish you know?
Maddison - What?
Lucas - Riley...
Riley - You have no idea how much worry you caused your brother and your father. You could have texted or called Lucas or your dad and just said you were fine. But you didn't because you didn't want to.
Lucas - Riley stop it.
I sit back down
Maddison - She's right Lucas. Dad, I didn't want to because I was scared. I didn't want to because I didn't want to hear you guys voice and miss you ever more. I am sorry for hurting you both.
Lucas's father - Maddie, I just wished you would've called. But, you're having a baby.
He gets up and smiles at her and hugs her. I look over to Lucas and he looks back at me and sighs.
Lucas - Girl or boy?
Maddison - Girl
He smiles and hugs her along with his father...