Did you?

Lucas POV
I open my eyes. Either the sun was setting, or it was just coming up. Either way, I'm exhausted still. I get up and shower. I walk into the kitchen to find my father sitting down alone.
Lucas - Hey dad
Dad - Where have you been?
Lucas - in my room
Dad - Why did you skip class yesterday, and didn't go to school today.
Lucas - I wasn't feeling well
Dad - You don't lie to me Lucas. Where were you?
Lucas - Maddie called me, she said she was in Canada. So I drove up there to get her. But when I got there, she was no where to be found.
Dad - Wait. Your sister is in Canada?!
I nod yes
Dad - She never goes that far.
Lucas - I know. That's why I went up there, I was worried.
Dad - You didn't find her?
Lucas - No. I found her phone though.
It got quiet. I look at him and he's just starring into nothing. It's been five minutes since he's talked. I know because I've been counting in my head.
Dad - Okay. You stay here, I'll call you soon
He gets up and grabs his keys and heads for the door
Lucas - I'm coming with you
Dad - No. you already missed school twice this week. I'll be fine. I'm just going to find your sister and I'll be back.
Before I could say anything to him, he left. I get a text from Farkle

Meet at Topangas
Why?
We need to finish this project dude.

I forgot about this stupid senior project. But I put on my shoes and head out. When I walk into the bakery shop, Zay and Farkle are sitting there.
Lucas - Where's Riley and Maya?
Zay - On their way.
I take a seat that's in the middle of Zay and Farkle.
Farkle - How was your trip back home?
Lucas - Long.
Farkle - Did you confess your love for Riley?
Lucas - I'm sorry, what?
I chuckle a little
Zay - Did you flirt with her? Did you give her that look.
Lucas - What look?
Farkle - You know. The look that shows that you love her.
Lucas - You guys are nuts. I did not flirt with Riley nor did I tell her that I was in love with her.
Zay - Why not?
Lucas - Because I'm not in love with her
Farkle - Right.
Lucas - I'm not!
Zay - Okay.
Maya - Huckleberry
I look up and Maya was standing there. As I move for her to sit down, Riley walks in. She sits next to Farkle.
Farkle - alright so let's get this done.
Zay - Why don't we just talking about our experiences together. Our memories. Good and bad.
We all nod. We spent the entire afternoon working on this. We each took turns. Farkle went first, then Zay, then me. Maya and Riley didn't get a chance to do so because it was starting to get late. So we all said our goodbyes and Maya and Riley took the tape recorder home.