Now

That was five months ago. A lot has changed since then. We all went our separate ways. Maya and Farkle broke up, and he soon went to Smackle. We broke off into pairs. Zay and I, Maya and Riley, and Smackle and Farkle. It sucks that we have to spend our senior year like this. We had so many plans, the five of us, taking trips, making memories before we went to college. But now those plans are just for Zay and I. Today is the first day of senior year, and I'm already for graduation. I just want to get out of this city, and back home. I stare at my opened locker, standing there, waiting for something to happen. I spot Zay, he's sitting on the stairs, I walk up to him and sit down on the steps above him. He was looking at a book. I take it out of his hands, I haven't seen this books in years.
Lucas - I can't believe you still have this.
Zay - I haven't looked at it since the end of eighth grade.
It was our middle school yearbook. Memories
Lucas - Look at us, we were so small.
Zay - No. We were small, you were a giant.
Lucas - I was a freak.
Zay - We were friends.
We look up and there's Maya and Riley, at their lockers as usual. Talking, laughing, without us. Zay looks at me as I look down.
Zay - You miss her
Lucas - I miss us.
Zay - Yeah, me too..
The bell rings and we head to homeroom. Mr. Mathews. How is it possible to have the same homeroom teacher and history teacher for six years?