Love at first sight?

There were so many reasons as to why I didn't want to say my first impressions of them. The main one being, it hurt. Talking about them, it made me feel sick. We were recording our stories on a cassette tape thing, it was Farkles idea. I kind of liked it, even though it was old fashioned. I take a deep breath and I tell them.
Lucas - When I first saw Zay, something told me to just walk up to him, sit down, and eat lunch with him. He was funny, I liked that.
Zay - Damn right I am.
Farkle - Was
Zay - What?
Farkle - He said "was funny" as in past tense, as in you're not funny anymore.
Zay - Thanks man.
Lucas - Then I came to New York, scared. I got onto the subway, and the when I looked up there was this pretty blonde girl looking at me. Maya. I thought she was cute so I smiled at her. Then she came up to me and starting talking, but it made me laugh so I liked it.
I stopped for a second and look at Farkle. He was uncomfortable.
Lucas - Then I saw Riley. When I looked at her, and she looked at me, my heart started to beat faster, and faster. Then when Maya pushed her into my lap, I could feel my heart going 10000 mph.
I stop again for a second, and all of these memories about Riley and I start popping up in my head. It's sad, it wasn't just a crush that I had on her, it was more than that. She wasn't just a girlfriend or whatever, she was a friend. Someone I could count on all of the time, someone I could be myself around, someone I could fool around with and not be judged. I miss that, I miss her.
Zay - What about Farkle?
Lucas - When I first saw Farkle, I felt bad for him.
Farkle - How come?
Lucas - People were being mean to you without getting to know you first.
Farkle - I forgot I used to get bullied
Lucas - You're not usually the person that I used to hang out with, but I felt like I needed to protect you from those bullies.
Farkle - I never got to say it. But thank you, you were my first guy friend.
Zay - Crazy how things change. One day you have the best of friends, then the next you can't even look at eachother.