Hayes Grier ( Requested )

* Requested by Imthebae101. Hope you enjoy! *

I'm insecure about being short and he comforts me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Y/N are you ready yet?" you heard Hayes yell from the bottom of the stairs.

You were currently in your bedroom trying to debate whether or not you should wear the brand new pair of heels that you had practically begged your mom to by you. You were always the shortest person in all of your classes. Who cares. Go for it. You think quietly to yourself.

You slip on the pair of black heels and start to make your way down stairs. You start to wobble and almost fall a few times since you had never worn heels before, but finally manage to safely get to the bottom of the stairs.

"Are you ready now-?" Hayes  starts to say walking back to the stairs. He freezes instantly and looks you up and down. "Somethin's not right here. What is it Y/N?" he asks.

You quickly glance at your feet then back up at him. You didn't dare speak a word considering that you had changed the way you looked, by adding three more inches to your height, and Hayes had told you on many occasions like this one that you were perfect no matter what and to never change the way you look.

"You're wearing heels aren't you?" he questioned. You only nodded your head as a response. He opens his arms and signals with his hands for you to enter them. You slowly and hesitantly allow him to embrace you.

"Y/N how many times do I need to tell you that you are beautiful just the way you are?" he asks. "How can I be beautiful when I'm the shortest _______ ( fill in the blank with your age ) alive?" you ask obviously exaggerating. "Because your height has nothing to do with how beautiful you are. Your personality is what really matters," he says placing a gentle kiss on the top of your head.

"Plus I for one love the fact that you are short. It gives me a strong instinct to protect you from anything harmful," he adds.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" you ask him. "Not recently no," he replies. "I love you so much Benjamin Hayes Grier. You always know how to make me feel better," you say. "I love you too Y/F/N Y/M/N Y/L/N snd don't you ever forget it," he replies. You continue to embrace each other for a couple more minutes.

Eventually Hayes pulls away slightly and looks you in the eyes. "Now would you mind going and changing into your normal shoes?" he asks. You smile at him then slip out of his grasp heading back up the stairs to find a different pair of shoes.

Published
April 8 2017