Chapter 27

The next morning when my alarm woke me up, I remembered that Finn was due to be there soon.  I hopped up and unlocked the front door before I got into the shower.  I was hoping to be done by the time he got there, but didn't want to leave him stranded outside in case I wasn't.

I walked out in my towel, on my way to my room to get dressed and met Finn's eyes and a smirk on his face as he was sitting down on the couch.  I blushed and headed straight to my room to change.  When I came back out, he had a bag and a travel coffee waiting for me. 

"What's this?" I asked.

"Breakfast, of course" he teased.

"That's really sweet, what did you get me?" I asked with a laugh.

"Blueberry muffin to go with your coffee" he said.

"My second favorite!  Good job!" I said.

"Second favorite?  What's your first?" he asked.

"Double chocolate chunk, duh" I said with a laugh.

He laughed too.  "So do you have time to eat now, or do you need to wait until you're on your way?" he asked.

I looked at the clock on my phone.  "Not sure yet, depends how long it takes me to get ready" I said with a laugh.

"Well stop being so distracted by the handsome Aussie in your living room and hop to it" he said with a wink.

I laughed and went into the bathroom with the door open to get ready.  I smiled when I saw Finn's reflection standing behind me in the mirror. 

"You're that bored you have to watch me put on makeup?" I asked with a laugh.

"No, just fascinated" he said simply.  I blushed and continued on.

"So what time should I wake up Little Love?" he asked.

"I'd let her sleep until at least six thirty.  I laid out an outfit for her on her bed.  She can dress herself, so you shouldn't need to do anything.  Just maybe remind her to brush her teeth and if you can brush through her hair before you leave, that should be it" I said.

"I can do that" he said confidently.

"I know.  If I didn't think you could, I wouldn't give you the chance" I said with a wink.

He laughed and nodded.  "Touché" he said.

I looked at the clock.  "I've got ten minutes" I said.

"More than enough" he said, and we walked to the living room where he handed me my muffin. 

"You're a very thoughtful man, you know that?" I asked right before taking a bite.

"I've learned a lot" he said with a shrug.

"Well, as much as I'd rather hang out with you two, I've got to get going" I said, standing up, but then leaning down to kiss him on the cheek.  "Thank you for this morning" I whispered.

"You're more than welcome, Love" he said, and I made my way to the door with briefcase, purse, travel coffee, and muffin in hand.

*                                                          *                                                          *

I was in my office, crunching deadlines, and dreading the meeting I had with Michael coming up in ten minutes.  Suddenly, my phone vibrated on my desk, and it was Emma's school.  I answered the phone quickly.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Is this Rory Gilmore?" they asked.

"Yes it is" I said.