Chapter 38

"Look at them out there! It worked! It's like they're in their own little world!" Juliet exclaimed, looking out the sliding glass door, and Stephanie rushed over and squealed with delight.

"Would you two leave them alone and let them have their moment?" Colin asked with a laugh.

"What are we talking about?" Logan asked, as he and Odette walked into the room.

Robert nodded out towards the sliding glass door and Logan was surprised.

"Logan look! They're kissing! I think they're finally going to start dating!" Odette exclaimed.

"That's the plan. He's going to finally ask her out tonight, once and for all" Juliet said.

* * *

Finn and I pulled away from each other and just sat, cuddled in each other's arms, after we realized the light show had ended. "I love how normal this feels" he whispered with a laugh.

I nodded, but I couldn't speak. I was just soaking in the feelings of the night.

He took my hand in his, grazing it with his fingertips playfully as we just sat there enjoying everything.

"Darling, normal with you is the most amazing thing I've ever felt in my life. I had no idea what I was missing out on and I have to say, I'm so glad I'm able to experience so many firsts with you. I haven't had a first in many years, but you keep adding them to the list" he said softly.

I smiled. "I'm glad I can keep you on your toes" I said with a laugh.

"Rory...I had NO idea you were trying to kiss me in the pool, to which I was quickly made aware of as soon as you walked inside. I'm tired of our feelings not being out in the open, I don't want it to be a secret anymore that I'm crazy about you. You are the most amazing woman I've ever had the pleasure of sharing company with, and I can't get enough of you, and I want to be able to call you my girlfriend. Let's face it, we've already been dating, whether we admitted it to ourselves or not, but I'm tired of us just dating. I want a relationship with you. No, I've never had one before, and yes I'm going to mess it up – a lot – but I haven't been with anyone since your car accident and I have to say, I don't miss it. I only want to be with you" he whispered with the words soothing all of my doubts and fears I'd been having.

Slowly, I began to smile and nodded. "I'd like that, too" I whispered.

"So that's a yes!?" he asked in surprise.

"Yeah, that's definitely a yes" I whispered, and he kissed me again happily.

* * *

Finn and I walked back inside, hand in hand, after the fireworks had ended. We were met with six expectant faces, wanting to hear details, and we laughed at the sight.

"Hello?" Finn asked with a laugh.

"Well!? Are you finally together!?" Stephanie asked.

Finn looked at me, and I looked at him with a laugh. "Aye" he said, wrapping his arm around my waist.

The girls all squealed together and Finn's attention turned to Logan.

Logan patted Finn on the back and said he was happy for them, but the look in his eyes said otherwise. Finn caught it, but didn't want to make a big deal about it in front of everyone else, especially Odette and I, so he left it alone for now and would deal with it later.

"Ah, I still can't believe you got The Legend to settle down! How on earth did you do it! I always assumed it was impossible!" Juliet exclaimed.

I just laughed and shrugged. "I really didn't even do anything..." I said with a laugh.