Chapter 54

Finn and I got my things unpacked and we put Emma's boxes into our room, just until we got her room decorated. The furniture should be delivered and installed in the next day or so. He pulled me down onto his lap on the couch, and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry I scared you earlier, Love. I wasn't thinking, as usual. I know you're a going to be a bit gun shy for a while after the burglary, and I should have been more sensitive than that" he whispered.

I cuddled into him and laid my head on his chest. "I know you didn't mean to. Hopefully it will be a short lived fear" I said.

"I just want you to know you can feel safe here; that you are safe here. We have the best security in the area, and I've informed them of the situation. Yours and Emma's safety is their top priority" he promised.

I smiled at the gesture. "Thank you for taking such good care of us, Finn. You're pretty damn wonderful, you know that? Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd be here, staying with you, and more in love with you than I could ever try to explain... I'm a very lucky girl" I promised him.

He smiled and kissed the top of my head gingerly. "I assure you, Kitten, that I am the lucky one" he whispered.

* * *

The moving company came and took Finn's guest room furniture from the room Emma's been staying in and put it into another storage unit, so that the room was empty and ready to go when it came time to set up the furniture that Finn bought her. Finn hired painters who started right away on painting the walls various shades of pink.

Finn was standing in the doorway, looking into what will become her room with the best feeling. His girls were really going to live there. "She's really going to love this, you know" I whispered, coming up behind him and wrapping my arms around him. He was still looking around the room, smiling happily.

"I just hope she feels at home here. I hope you learn to feel at home here, too. I love having you two here" he whispered. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"I find it funny that you've never even allowed a girl to step foot into your home until last week, then you asked me to spend the night with you. After that, you basically insisted for me to agree to stay here because my apartment wasn't safe, and now you act like you want us to stay..." I said, and he turned around to look at me seriously.

"I do want you to stay, Love" he said with a laugh. "No, I've never lived with anyone before, but now that you're here, the idea of you not being here really sucks...I actually like having you here" he said.

I smiled and kissed him. "It's been a long time since I've lived with anyone either, and Emma's only ever lived with me or with Logan and Odette..." I warned him.

"So then we can all three figure it out together" he said confidently.

"What if things don't work out? What if we break up?" I asked.

"You really think I'd let you go that easily? No way" he said, turning around to face me with a wink. I smiled and looked away shyly. "Come on, we've had a really productive day. Why don't we get ready and we'll go out to dinner since Emma won't be coming home tonight, we can have a date night" he said.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'd like that" I said.

* * *

After Finn and I had gotten dressed, we headed down to the car, where he helped me inside. "So where are we going?" I asked.

"Well, dinner, and then I thought we could try out this new ice cream place I heard about" he said.

"Ice cream, huh? You know Emma would be sad to know we went out and got ice cream without her" I teased.

"She wouldn't like this type of ice cream. Well, she might, but she's got like 16 more years before she'll be allowed to try it" he said with a laugh.

I looked at him curiously. "Alcoholic ice cream? Is that even possible?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Apparently; I just found out about this place, and it's brand new. It's called Tipsy Scoop" he said.

"It definitely sounds intriguing. I like checking out new places with you" I said and he smiled.

"Yeah, you're a pretty great girl to go on adventures with" he said with a smile, kissing me.

* * *

After dinner, Finn and I walked into Tipsy Scoop and made our way through the crowd, up to the counter to order. We looked at the menu and laughed at how easy it was for both of us to choose our flavors – Spiked Hazelnut Coffee for me, and Dark Chocolate Whiskey Salted Caramel for Finn.

"Mmm, this is actually really good! But I doubt you could actually get drunk off of this, though" I said.

He shrugged. "I probably can't, but you're a light weight" he teased with a wink.

"I am not a light weight. I'll end up with a brain freeze before I end up drunk off of ice cream" I promised him.

"Meh, I'm not trying to get you drunk though. You'd know it if I were" he said with a wink.

I just laughed and shook my head at him. "Well, maybe I need to be drunk to go home with you" I said with a smile.

He raised his eyebrows, but then he shrugged. "Suit yourself, but all of your clothes and stuff are at my house" he teased back.

"Darn the luck" I said with a laugh, and kissing him again.

"You think you're soooo funny" he said.

"Yeah, yeah I do" I said laughing.

He rolled his eyes and kissed me back. "I love you" he murmured.

"I love you too" I said back.

"You know, it just occurred to me...tonight's our first night alone since we've been together... No Emma, no Luke, or Lorelai, or Ricky... Just us in our apartment all night, alone" he said.

Truth be told, I still wasn't sure if I was ready – and I certainly didn't want to plan our first time. I wanted it to be spontaneous, and romantic, and sexy... not scheduled. But how could I tell him that without hurting his feelings and making him this I didn't want him at all? Because oh my god, did I want this man...