Chapter 49: Speedster

"Any new news?" Snowy asked as we walked. "About what?" "You and your giiiiirlfriend~!" "What? What girlfriend?"

  Snowy frowned. "Aquamarine!" "Oh, her? Yeah, she dumped me." Snowy stopped. "Wait -really?"

  "Long story. I was gone for two months because- er- i'm sure Martin'll tell you. But yeah, there's your news."Snowy sniffed. "I'm sorry I even asked." "Oh, it's fine."

  "What do you mean fine?" She asked. "If I were you, I'd be on the couch eating ice cream while watching a romantic zombie movie." "Yeah but who was locked away for five years?" "You.." "Who can be emotionless without even trying?" "You.." "And who has been training since he was seven non-stop twenty four seven?"

  "You."

  "And that's why i'm Speedster. It's not because I defeated the Goblin, I didn't do anything at all. Taylor put me on the blimp. It's because I'VE been training for so long that it would be a embarrassment not to make me a Super. They know I've worked for it. I knew most of the things before kids at Mystic Academy. I'm like a rare gem, not many people are put in shoes like mine."

  Snowy sighed. "Yeah, I guess so." I sighed. "There's.. just some things I need to let out. I mean, what's the use of even going to Mystic Academy? That's why I didn't go back. I didn't need it. My dad's taught there for years, he knows the materiel. They barely ever change it."

  Snowy nodded. "Yeah. You should. And- why did you choose the name Speedster anyway?" "Well, why'd you chose the name Lifrostel?" I asked, raising a eyebrow. "Creative choice- now you tell me."

  "The flash's allies, who have the same power, or who get super speed, are called the Speedsters. Kid Flash was taken, so was Impulse. So, I decided to take up the mantle as the first Speedster." "What do you mean 'the first'?" "Don't you know?" "No?"

  "Wally took up the Flash mantle for a awhile..it's complicated." "This is why I stay away from the Flash's history. It's too complicated." 

"Yeah, it is."